The best sleep I've had in a looong time
Jun 9, 2004 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
When Ray Samuels and I were driving(actually I did all the driving) back from NYC a few weeks ago we stayed at a Marriot hotel in Jersey for the night. That Marriot had Tempur Pedic matresses and we both commented on how comfortable the beds were. Well,I spent big bucks on a matress set just a few months ago and while my wife loved them,I was living in hell. I was spending more time on the futons in the basement than in my own bed. My wife is a good girl and she went along when I suggested we try the Tempur Pedic matress system at a local showroom. She was as impressed as I and we went with the Celebity System in King Size and I'm really enjoying my sleep for the first time in many,many years. The prices listed on the site are retail and you can find much better deals at local discount stores. I strongly suggest you give the Tempur Pedic matress system a try and no,I do not own stock.
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 20
Congrats on the great night of sleep Fred. I have never tried the Tempur-Pedic matress, but their pillows didn't work for me. I have a feeling that the matress works better with their material than the pillows do. This seems to prove me right. My in-laws wanted to buy one, and now I guess I should reco that they go ahead.

Jun 9, 2004 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 20
Fred, congrats man!

I havent had a single night of decent sleep in at least 6 months. chalk it up to a number a reasons. However, I'm glad you were able to snooze away (and snore away) on your new "toy" of sorts.

thanks for the recommendation!

Jun 9, 2004 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 20
Tuberoller,

As you know I can fall asleep anywhere at any time and enjoy a good rest. I earned real points with my wife when I told her to pick out the King Size bed that would make her happy. She chose one and says she has enjoyed a good nights sleep every night. It is nice and firm and like always I am asleep a few minutes after I hit the pillow.

Glad you are sleeping well.

Jun 9, 2004 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 20
I sometimes suffer from back problems and nearly a year ago I purchased an expensive, three inch thick, high density foam mattress pad made of the same "space age" memory foam the tempurpedic mattress is. I use it on top of an extremely firm orthopedic mattress. (even the actual tempur pedic mattress is topped with this special foam, the majority of the base of the mattress is made of regular, high density foams.) It's like sleeping on a marshmallow. I love it. I've owned vaious spring, foam, futons, and waterbeds in the past, but this coil spring/memory foam combo has so far been the best.

Jun 10, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #8 of 20
I have a Serta Perfect Night. It's incredible. Best money I've ever spent, and they're expensive. I highly recommend checking out the Perfect Night if looking for a new matress. I bought my at Sleep Country.

Jun 10, 2004 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 20
Sounds nice... I haven't slept in a real bed for quite some time now. But I do feel that my back and body has adjusted pretty well to sleeping on a real Japanese-style futon (meaning, on the ground). Having tatami in my room is nice, but sometimes I have to sleep on wood as well. If anything, I actually feel that my back is stronger and less prone to aches than when I slept in beds.

Jun 10, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 20
I have used a Comfortaire system bed for over a year now, and have not looked back. Both the wife and I can select our own desired level of firmness/softness. I did try a Tempur-pedic, and it was extremely comfortable, but it tended to trap my body heat, and I was hot all of the time.

Jun 10, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #12 of 20
I'm with spaceman. Half of my family has the Tempur-pedic beds. I tried them out and found that I couldn't sleep because I was so hot that I was uncomfortable. I finally found a bed that was comfortable to me. I looked for a long time and found the Duxianna system. I can't explain it all, but it is so comfortable it was worth every penny.

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Half of my family has the Tempur-pedic beds. I tried them out and found that I couldn't sleep because I was so hot that I was uncomfortable.

you have to put a quality, 100% cotton, quilted mattress pad on top of the foam. Then a cotton, fitted sheet. This prevents the heat you mentioned.

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by LobsterSan
Sounds nice... I haven't slept in a real bed for quite some time now. But I do feel that my back and body has adjusted pretty well to sleeping on a real Japanese-style futon (meaning, on the ground). Having tatami in my room is nice, but sometimes I have to sleep on wood as well. If anything, I actually feel that my back is stronger and less prone to aches than when I slept in beds.

I agree that futons are best for mattresses. But I have a memory foam pillow that is great and has cut out the neck-aches I used to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back