The best potable player??
Feb 28, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 22
Modded, probably a 4g iPod with the Red Wine Audio line out mod, to an amp and then some nice expensive 'phones.

Unmodified, I like my Zen Micro, the iPod shuffle is supposed to sound great, as is the 5g iPod. The Rio Karma was once loved, but since Rio is dead it's hard to find one now. The Zen Vision: M is supposed to sound great also.

There's not really a 'Best' mp3 player, they all have strengths and weaknesses.

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 22
I'm not sure. We have never had this question asked before.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/searc...archid=1802841

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to be an ass, but it seems like this question gets asked every week and it is totally subjective, so everyone mentions the player that they have.

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 22
Everybody has a different opinion on what's the best sound quality portable player that it's hard to pin point a overall winner. It all depends on what you can afford and what sounds best to you. What may sound good to others does may not necessarily sound good to you or vice versa.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 22
thanks4help!!
But i want to write me answer: is any potable players whose have frequency range widest than usual 20 Hz~20 kHz or whose potable players have the best SNR ??

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #9 of 22
Im not sure what yer asking...

The best potable player depends on what pot you intend to use to put the player in , a crock pot? a stew pot? different pots for different players I always say.....
oh ! or is it a typo?? The best pooltable player is minnesotta fats.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Generally speaking, it seems to be whatever player you own.

Word.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Generally speaking, it seems to be whatever player you own.

You would know now wouldn't you?
rolleyes.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoone
thanks4help!!
But i want to write me answer: is any potable players whose have frequency range widest than usual 20 Hz~20 kHz or whose potable players have the best SNR ??

All those ratings are garbage, I never bought anything based on those ratings...unless its a pair of microphones. Sound quality is in the ears of the beholder.

Feb 28, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #14 of 22
I went through several players,Creative Zen micro,5G ipod and now I have a 4G 60GB Photo iPod that has been modified by www.redwineaudio.com with the Redwine iMod. With my Redwine mod and a Ray Samuels hornet amp and Sennheiser PX-100 headphones for walking and at the gym and Grado RS-1's at home I have achieved audio Nirvana! My Redwwine mod has 225 hours on it and the Blackgates have burned in nicely. Also I'm using Apple iTunes Lossless.
I would think it would be hard to beat this combo for overall sound.
I think Macmall or PC mall has good prices on 4G ipods.

Cheers,
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back