The best medium/low budget portable amp?
Apr 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Heisenberg88

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, recently I started to save some money to buy the Sennheiser HD 518 headphones, to replace my not so good HD 205 II, and I need to know wich is the best portable amp to for them, cause, I'm gonna buy an amp too, but, my budget will be a little short for it, 'cause it will be the very first amp I buy, and I really don't know exactly how to use it or wich is the best for a determinate headset, and I was wondering if the experts can give some advice of wich is the best low/medium (I mean, cheaper or with the same price of the Sennh. HD 518) option
Greetings from Mexico! (and sorry for the bad english)

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 5
Best bang for buck is the O2 in my opinion at ~100-150. The Mini^3 is decent too at a similar price, but doesn't perform quite as well, but has the advantage of being over 1/3 smaller.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 5
If you are short on budget then Fiio E11 are great buy and they sound powerful, detailed, punchy with most low impedance headphones but JDS C421 are clear upgrade over E11 without paying much.

Apr 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 5
I was shocked how good the O2 sounded for the price.  At around $100 for a desktop it can't be beat.  I also had a Magni but it crapped out on me after just one use.  It sounded good also for around the $100 price.  Fiio E11 for one the go is a good sounding, inexpensive amp..if my Arrow ever dies on me I think I'll go with an E11 again..

Apr 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 5
while i absolutely love my O2, i dont think thats what he meens by portable? as many have said, its more transportable. if by portable the op means that it should fit in ones pocket...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back