the best mate to TF10.. ( player for TF10)
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

krisio06

Head-Fier
If this sort of thread was already here i am sorry...
I've just bought me Triple.Fi 10 PRO, which are for my the best earphones i've ever listened. But there is a problem... i don't think that my iPod Video 5,5g is good mate for them... there is to much treble, the mids lacks and i won't even tell about bas.. for this reason i bought old iRiver iFP-895 and here things are totaly diffrent.. enough bas, clear mids and there isn't treble harsh as i was in the iPod.. but I still think that i can find better mate for my TF10..
Can you tell me the best set with you TF10??

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 19
Hi, glad you are enjoying your Triple Fi's - I love mine too!

You could search the Triple-Fi appreciation thread, I remember a discussion on synergies of players with the Triples. I remember that the Sony 8x series and the Zune 80 were recommended. Here are some links

This one about the Sony 8x series
Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread - Page 46 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

This one about Zune 80-
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/u.../index116.html

I use the Cowon D2 and primarily enjoy the exquisite detailing of the sound, great treble and more than enough bass for most tracks. If you are a basshead though, this may not be the best combo with your Triples as it is not a very warm player.

I've never been an IPod User but I do think a lot of people use their IPods amped and are happy with sound quality of Triples/ IPod combo.

Hope this helps!

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 19
Hard Drive Based: Kenwood HD series, Toshiba S and F Series, Zen Vision M ect.

Flash Based: Samsung T10, Zen, Sony new Walkman series ect.

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 19
ohh... the Sony A82* series is pretty good.. but what do you think about E10 with Triple.Fi's??..

Jul 26, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 19
I would reccommend Cowon too. I have the iAudio 7, and I'm in audio-bliss. Very detailed, clean and analytical sound. But depends on what sound signature you're looking for.

Jul 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #6 of 19
Krisio, I don't know anything about E10. If you like the IRiver sound (which I do) it might be a good option. I have been reading a lot of praise for Sony 8x series, you should definitely look at those.

It is interesting to me how much the sound of the Triple Fi changes with different devices.

With my D2, I hear a level of detail and transparency that I have NEVER heard with any other DAP - it's like every sound no matter how small, is picked up and magnified, even at low volumes. However, bass heavy tracks can be a little too laid back.

With my IRiver H300 (a player I still love), the Triple's rock - get me on my feet. But I miss the detailing of the Cowon player. The overall sound effect is 'fuzzier' and not as clear as the D2 Triple Fi Combo. But the bass energy and warmth is terrific!

Trips sounded OK with a friend's Creative Zen - decent but not magical (I will need to play with the EQ settings a bit more though to see if it gets better)

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 19
Another Cowon lover here. The D2 is pretty great with the Triples. I haven't heard the i7, but I hear the sound signature is practically the same as the D2.

Also, I will say, if you have a quality set of earphones like the Triples, you'd be doing yourself a favour by buying a player with lossless support. Seriously.

Jul 27, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 19
I've had TF-10s for a few weeks before I returned them due to fit problems.

They sound really good with the E10. I've tried it on my friend's Ipod, creative zen, and my Sansa Clip, and out of the 4, it sounded the best.

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #9 of 19
the zune80 pairs quite well with the tf10 IMO.

i dont think its perfect all the time but it gives a nice warm soudn with solid bass and good clarity in the highs, and a nice soundstage for IEM's.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #13 of 19
I loved my D2 with my triple Fi 10s (probably shouldn't have gotten rid of it).  Great treble sparkle, good bass, and micro details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back