The Best Ipod Upgrade from These
Jan 3, 2007 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Happytab

Head-Fier
Guys I need to upgrade from my ipod buds - its been a year and still I cant make a decision. so from the list below what would you suggest:

List of priorities to me
Can't be Open
Sound Quality - must be a noticable improvement from ipod buds
Comfort - dont want my ears crushed (or any pain for that matter).
Would prefer Y cables
Value for money

JVC Marshmallows - £15
Sennheiser CX300 - £18
EP630's - £12
Sennheiser PX200 - £23

Or any other - I dont want to break the bank this time because I am not sure about canal phones or over the head jobbies and I want to take one step at a time on this very long ladder (or so it seems).

To help further I listen to mostly Alternative, Britpop, and a bit of singger songwriter stuff.

Thanks again - I would really love to buy something and be pleased with it.
blink.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 12
take the akg K81dj there are quite a lot of people who are verry pleased with them. including ME
lambda.gif
they sound great they seal nice and the're not overpriced only thing is the long cable wich isn't ideal for street use but i wrapped it up so it isn't a big problem.

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 12
no they fit me really nice they are a bit painfull after a few hours but i use them now for about half a week and it is becomming les painfull already. i think they have to adjust to the head. and that after some time they fit like a glove
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 12
so there is pain then - I cant be doing with that - I need something that isnt going to irritate me in the slightest as I am a bit of a girl and a fussy one too.

Anyone else ?

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 12
take from me... it's worth it
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #8 of 12
With your budget you're not going to find something that is incredibly comfortable. If you want to shell out $200 (about £150 I think), you could grab the AudioTechnica ATH A900. But the first thing I thought of when considering your budget was definitely the AKG K81DJ (not that I've heard it -- only going by what people say here).

EDIT: Also note that biermagnaat commented that they become somewhat uncomfortable after a few hours. This is pretty good considering that they are straight out of the box. He also states that after only half of a week their comfort has noticeably improved.

Jan 3, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With your budget you're not going to find something that is incredibly comfortable. If you want to shell out $200 (about £150 I think), you could grab the AudioTechnica ATH A900. But the first thing I thought of when considering your budget was definitely the AKG K81DJ (not that I've heard it -- only going by what people say here).

EDIT: Also note that biermagnaat commented that they become somewhat uncomfortable after a few hours. This is pretty good considering that they are straight out of the box. He also states that after only half of a week their comfort has noticeably improved.

that's right the're comfort is improving with the day i love them. i bought them for 60 euro's that would spare you money to get a simple amp. maybe an idea?

Jan 3, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #10 of 12
It seems the biggest restriction would be that she wants closed phones. Most of the better phones in a cheaper price range like the PX100's or Porta Pros and the KSC 75 are all open headphones and are more comfortable than the K81dj from what I hear.

So its a compromise to be made, comfort or openness?

Jan 3, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 12
I recommend the EP630. It isolates fairly well and is the least expensive choice on your list. My wife is also a bit of a girl, hates discomfort from phones, and she uses my EP630s every time we fly - sometimes for several hours - without any pain.

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #12 of 12
My Wife; who is also quite a bit of a girl, has managed to steal my KSC75s and has effectively welded them to her iPod for the last few weeks, and all she does is throw them into her purse in a lump and simply untangles them when she wants to wear them, so they are more rugged than they appear!!

She is amazed at how good they sound and how comfortable they are. She says some sound sneaks in and out but not enough in her opinion, to be bothersome.

And; considering how inexpensive they are, they can easily be reassigned to home, or other duties if they don't happen to work out well for the original purposes. I was happily using them for computer duties and some portable stuff until the Wife "discovered" them!!

......I would really like them back.
blink.gif
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back