The best in ear phones under $250. Steel Series Flux Pro.
Sep 7, 2012 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stozzer123

Aka: whodiss, whodisss, whodatt
Just read this, thats a pretty bold claim lol.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/06/steelseries-flux-and-flux-in-ear-pro-headsets-ears-on-video/

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Lol there's no such thing as "the best" in the audiophile world.

Different people have different tastes there's bound to be haters for a particular set of headphones.

Well if steelseries used "The best" to advertise their product I'm expecting a product like beats. (not implying that beats are bad)

Yet again we shall give those a benefit of the doubt. Some1 shld post their experience of these once he/she tried them.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Even though this thread is somewhat old, I'll put in my two cents:

The Steelseries flux is a gaming headset...I really don't have a problem with gaming headsets.  I have not looked at this in person nor tried them on, so take this with a grain of salt.

It's $100.  There are many great headphones for around $100 depending on one's needs and the Steelseries Flux actually satisfies a lot of what I want from a headphone.  I am a huge fan of on-ears since over-ears just make my ears sweat and heat up way too fast and also these have a detachable cable.  I love when headphones have detachable cables so this is one thing I do like along with the ability to fold the earcups flat.  What I don't like is the plastic construction BUT these headphones are priced on the official Steelseries website for $100.

As for a $100 headset...I think this is a good buy but try it on first...and don't judge like me...which I have tried not to do
wink_face.gif

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Like he said. This thread is pretty old but I don't know hot to make a new one. So, I just bought my SteelSeries Flux Luxury Edition and I understand what I'm getting. That brings me to my next question though, I want to get a portable amp from Fiios. So should using a 16gb Sony Walkman and a budget of around 50$ which one would be the smartest decision for me to make?

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #6 of 6
They sound good, no doubt about that. I did some quick A:Bs with some of the entry-level single-armatures I like - the UE 600 and MEElec A161P - and they about held their ground. Don't know if I would recommend it over those in general since there are some odd design choices like the modular plug with proprietary connector, but it's a solid buy and surprisingly on the balanced end of the spectrum for something from a "gaming" company.

I also quite like the regular Flux, the dynamic-driver one. It's a lot cheaper and seems to really get into the value-for-money territory. That one will get a review.

- now its getting interesting :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back