The Best IEM
May 24, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #16 of 20
For me right now its the Phonak PFEs, reasons being a almost perfect balanced sound, nothing to forward or recessed and all of this for a much cheaper price than many top tier iems.

May 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone ES3X?

ES3X.

May 24, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #19 of 20
out of 10+ IEMs I've owned I'm actually most happy with the Vsonics I got from head-direct for 35 dollars shipped.

They of course do not beat the higher-end IEMs, but for the overall value, I haven't been happier.

May 24, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What IEMs are going to provide the best, audiophile, sound for a variety of genres - from rock to jazz to classical to acoustic. If money were no object, what would you want stuck in your ears on that bus ride from Hell?

Simple question; simple answer.

Either Livewires T1s recabled with Picollino OR Etymotic ER4Ps recabled with Picollino.

The Etys don't quite have the bass punch of the Livewires and the Livewires don't quite have the sparkling highs of the Etys.

I can add Walker Audio Extreme Super Silver Treatment (SST) to the connectors on the Livewires to bring out a good degree of that sparkle so, if push came to shove, it'd be the recabled Livewires with the SST.

Although I do like that Ety sound...
rolleyes.gif
(This is like try to make me choose between the Sennheisser HE60s on a great tube amp versus the Stax O2s on a great solid state amp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back