The Best Headphones ?
Jul 21, 2010 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

100+ Head-Fier

Hi Guys…

I am going to purchase a pair of headphones, which are mainly going to be used for gaming and music, mainly for gaming.
I have narrowed my choices down to these seven:

[size=10.5pt]Link to AKG K701 White - £199.99[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Link to [/size][size=10.5pt]Sennheiser HD600 - £179.99[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Link to AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-A700 CLOSED BACK - [/size][size=10.5pt]£149.95[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Link to AUDIO-TECHNICA ATH-AD900 OPEN BACK - [/size][size=10.5pt]£219.95[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Link to[/size][size=10.5pt] Denon AH-D2000 - £209.99[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Link to[/size][size=10.5pt] Grado SR125i [/size][size=10.5pt]- £156.99[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Link to[/size][size=10.5pt] Beyerdynamic DT990 - £219.99[/size]

One of these headphones will be combined with an Astro mix amp + Optical cable to allow me to receive game sounds from my Sony PlayStation 3.

Also would this be a option as far as amps than the Astro mixamp, Link to Tube Magic D1, as with this amp i can game and listen to music as well.

I Know you can already do this with Astro mixamp, but The Tube Magic D1 offers more power for my headphones Ultimately increasing sound quality.

I want a pair of headphones which have fantastic sound and excellent sound stage so that i can direction the direction of sounds in game.

The only problem I have is “Which one should I buy? Which one is the best for music and gaming?”
Also if i were to buy this headphone and use it for gaming would i get the same gaming experience as if i were using a gaming headset? 

By that i mean "you can hear people sneaking up behind you "with a gaming headset, would this be the same for the headphones?

Also think you can find a better system?

Why not recommend one, my budget is £220.00

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #11 of 80
Of those, if I could have only one, it would be the K701.

I am debating whether I like the DT880 better than the DT990. The DT880 is more neutral, but I am wondering if loosing some of the flair in the DT990 is worth it. The DT990's greatest weakness is also its most attractive trait? I am not sure if that makes sense to others.

Jack

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #12 of 80
"nikongod"

I Know you said all the headphones are good, but which one is the best overall headphones for gaming and music?

So Question Ask`s : Which one is the best overall headphones?

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #15 of 80
I'd help you if I knew all their sound signatures. It might be easier for you to have a look at the respective appreciation threads and reviews for the headphones you are looking at as there will be posts on what the sound will be like and whether it suits the genres of music you listen to. There is no best headphone.

The 701/2 have good sound staging for gaming to some people and will have better synergy with classical genres, but some will find that it is bass light with electronic music, drum and bass, etc. But not everyone feels this way. I don't have any experience with the rest, but just look at some reviews to see whether it gets you any headway and then perhaps post what you found or with more detail and people will find it easier to chime in and comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back