The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue)
Jul 28, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #91 of 154
Jul 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #93 of 154
That's the first time I've seen someone say Miss, and copy-paste a username...

How about this one then.

6303259168_731399219e.jpg

http://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/HP-A3.shtml

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FOSTEX-32bit-2ch-DA-Converter-DAC-headphone-amplifier-HP-A3-/280908255883

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #96 of 154
He is a bit like Jimmy Stewart(does this make me look old....????)in "My Friend Harvey"!

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #100 of 154
Quote:
yh i didnt want you to know that he was actually a girl unless it is necessary :)

I have no idea what you're talking about. Why wouldn't you want us to know "he" was a girl? Next time be honest or people will start assuming you're some kind of troll.

Jul 28, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #101 of 154
Jul 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #103 of 154
Guys, the OP has already gone with the LCD-2. We're currently looking for an amp/DAC combo.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #104 of 154
Quote:
I'm sorry, but this might come out as quite offensive. So your friend asks you to recommend him a VERY well performing headphone such as the LCD2r2 which sells for about 1K USD more or less... Seeing how he apparently has no "budget" and simply wants the best performing headphone for his, what seems to be like, first Hi-Fi purchase..? I just find this ridiculous because he hasn't gone up the ladder yet... I personally started off with a pair of Shure SCL3 IEMs as my intro to Head-Fi and this "audiophile" obsession. I worked my way up and seeing how I joined HF 2009, I'm at where I am now with a setup I am very satisfied with so far. I personally dislike the idea of the power of money versus the learning experience and time... It took me time to learn my equipment and I experienced a lot of things along the way. Seeing how your friend is already going to purchase a headphone I would have to save up a year for (yes, the student life is difficult) and buying a hi-end amp as my first setup is simply out of the question. If you were a good friend and also a good member to this community, I think you should try to explain to your friend that you have to simply work your way up if you want to obtain the best experience and enjoyment with your equipment to its fullest. Try convincing him to try out some very affordable, yet very good headphones to start off with. It can be the Senn HD598 or even the Shure 940. Back when I was starting, my dream was to try the HD600. And now seeing some very fair prices in the FS forum, you can get one for a very fair price compared to back then. Not judging or anything, but I constantly see very wealthy people "wasting" their money on very expensive gear when they don't even understand what it is. At a local Headphone store, one fellow was trying to buy an AKG K3003i as his first IEM... He tried it and asks if there is anything better. To put it simply, the guy was trying to get the BEST IEM so he can have that status of the BEST IEM. He didn't care if it sounded phenomenal (which it does), he just wanted the best... And people with that kind of mindset really makes me sigh in disbelief... I want to give people experience, not useless buying advice. Thanks for reading and apologize for my harsh comment plz

I disagree.  F%*$ "the journey", which is really just consumerism disguised by music enjoyment.  You're better off getting something you'll like, and just enjoying it instead of buying tons of mediocre products and getting sidetracked and obsessed with the gear/consumer side of music.  If he can afford an LCD-2, he should just get it, who cares if he doesn't wind up appreciating it as much as you would after struggling through crap gear for years and saving up.  He'll get to know the goodness it offers in time, or better yet, it will be good enough that it will never get in the way, and he can just enjoy his tunes and forget about the gear. 

It's funny, but in this case paying more like this could lead to less consumerism.  Of course, he could just be buying it for the status of an expensive phone.  But in the end, is that any shallower than the gear junkie with 20 pairs of crappy 100 dollar phones? 

Also, I know some very knowledgable people who do not like the K3003.  Sounds like he wanted nothing but a status symbol, but I'm just saying. 

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #105 of 154
Quote:

I disagree.  F%*$ "the journey", which is really just consumerism disguised by music enjoyment.  You're better off getting something you'll like, and just enjoying it instead of buying tons of mediocre products and getting sidetracked and obsessed with the gear/consumer side of music.  If he can afford an LCD-2, he should just get it, who cares if he doesn't wind up appreciating it as much as you would after struggling through crap gear for years and saving up.  He'll get to know the goodness it offers in time, or better yet, it will be good enough that it will never get in the way, and he can just enjoy his tunes and forget about the gear. 

It's funny, but in this case paying more like this could lead to less consumerism.  Of course, he could just be buying it for the status of an expensive phone.  But in the end, is that any shallower than the gear junkie with 20 pairs of crappy 100 dollar phones? 

Also, I know some very knowledgable people who do not like the K3003.  Sounds like he wanted nothing but a status symbol, but I'm just saying. 

Hahah. That's just forethought. But really...he should just bow out now, come back in 10 years for the SR 29- Lambdas.
Otherwise you're just wasting your money, bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back