1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The best genre for me? How do I find?

Discussion in 'Music' started by naivesound, Jan 31, 2016.
  1. NaiveSound
    It may sound idiotic, but I'm trying to find the best subgenre of music for myself so I can nail down the music I truly like.

I like certain sub genres of electronic music, some techno, some house, but mainly energetic suspense.

I like some Deadmau5, some tiesto, some djuma

IS There a site thst I can hear different exams of each genre so I find which one I like and the name of the subgenre, please please please help me my dear friends

2. NaiveSound
    I Hope Someone helps, there must be a website thst let's you listen to a small sampl from every genre right?

3. WraithApe
    I think the best you're going to get is one of those basic heuristic engines that enables you to find new music based on what you like already - 'things similar to Deadmau5' for example. Not very accurate in my experience though; I rarely see any suggestions of music I wasn't already aware of, or that is even very similar to the thing I said I liked.

This might be a good starting place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres. It goes into quite a lot of depth in terms of sub-genres so you might find what you're looking for, although it doesn't list Energetic Suspense - I reckon you might have invented a new sub-genre there!

NaiveSound likes this.
  4. NaiveSound

Haha thanks so much, I will read and hopefully I'll get a better understanding, like you I find those typical Services to be in accurate