THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Aug 11, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #3,918 of 5,002
Ailee is an amazing, you don't really need to understand Korean to appreciate her voice.

Well said. And thank you for the reply, koven.

Ailee is sort of in a class by herself in terms of raw skills. But she (and Taeyeon imo) are simply the tip of a growing iceberg of talented performers in both the K-pop and K-indie genres. There are so many good performers in these genres that I frankly have trouble keeping tabs on all of em. I don't know if other folks here are into this kind of thing, but I'll post a few of the better performances I've run across lately for your consideration.

If you enjoy female groups,... ones that can actually sing, :) then you should also check out Mamamoo (strange name, but man those ladies can sing!). And some of 2NE1's later works. They did some very nice tunes before they split up a year or so ago (and Minzy is still putting nice stuff out there).

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #3,920 of 5,002
Jeon Jiyoon (who also goes by the name Jenyer) was one of the lead singers of the group 4Minute, which also disbanded about a year ago when the ladies' contracts expired (this is known in Kpop circles as "the 7 year curse", because most contracts in the industry are for 7 years). Jiyoon is gradually beginning to build a rep though as independent artist, and remains one of my personal favorites in the genre...

growing iceberg

Probably a poor analogy for folks with such warm lovely vocals. :)

Aug 11, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #3,924 of 5,002
2NE1's last major release was without Minzy unfortunately, because she left the group ahead of the others. CL, Dara and Park Bom did a nice job on this though, even though fame and other factors were clearly taking a toll on some members of the group around the time this was made.

Aug 11, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #3,925 of 5,002
SQ isn't perfect, but this was a nice single by Ailee from last year. Didn't get alot a luv by the Kpoppers, but I liked it. :)

Aug 19, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #3,930 of 5,002
Ailee is an amazing, you don't really need to understand Korean to appreciate her voice..

Ailee grew up in the US (NJ I think), so she is heavily influence by American R&B. Had real potential which showed at young age.

She's full on Diva now. Personally, she most similar to Maria Carey.

She has the talent to be flexable to sing all kinds. Real strong diva or this type of vocals

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back