The Best double albums
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #17 of 40
HuskerDuZenArcade.jpg

ELO-Out_of_the_Blue_Lp.jpg

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paul's Boutique wasn't a double album was it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't think Paul's Boutique was a double album.

That depends. If you mean was it released on vinyl on 2 discs, then yes, it's a double album. But if instead you mean does it exceed the standard 45/52 minute time limit for single LPs, then the answer would be yes.

Side 1

1. To All the Girls
2. Shake Your Rump
3. Johnny Ryall
4. Egg Man

Side 2

1. High Plains Drifter
2. The Sounds of Science
3. 3 Minute Rule
4. Hey Ladies

Side 3

1. 5-Piece Chicken Dinner
2. Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun
3. Car Thief
4. What Comes Around
5. Shadrach

Side 4

1. Ask for Janice
2. B-Boy Bouillabaisse

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #23 of 40
Could never grasp Quadrophenia as a whole, though it has my favorite Who song on it............the album just doesn't flow for me as well as it could. Despite the fact that Who's Next doesn't have a storyline flowing through it (even though the songs were written with a story intended) the songs just flow better for me.

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could never grasp Quadrophenia as a whole, though it has my favorite Who song on it............the album just doesn't flow for me as well as it could. Despite the fact that Who's Next doesn't have a storyline flowing through it (even though the songs were written with a story intended) the songs just flow better for me.

I like Quadrophenia better than Tommy. I could never get into Tommy for some reason.

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #25 of 40
I rank Quadrophenia above Tommy too. Now whether the best Who album is The Who Sell Out (ever heard Petra Hadyn's cover of it?), Who's Next, Live at Leeds, or Quadrophenia is a subject for another poll.

- Ed

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #26 of 40
The Tubes: What Do You Want From Live

I was a Tubes fan back in the day, and this album catches the performance artyness of the band without the visuals. Great party record too.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #27 of 40
I know I'll have a ton of people probably thinking it's not worthy but well it's one of my favorite doubles.
Also it's fairly new, so I think a fair amount of people havn't had it sink in. Having said that in my opinion, there is not one bad song on the album.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #28 of 40
I like Stadium Arcadium although it's not one of my favorites. One of my complaints is that it sounds overly compressed so the quality doesn't seem up to par.

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #29 of 40
As far as I've seen nobody mentioned "The Fragile" by Nine Inch Nails yet. That's a shame, since it's easily one of the best albums of that decade if one is into this kind of music. So well made, well-conceived lyrics and it's just so epic in the best way I can imagine. When I heard it for the first time it almost took my breath away and I still enjoy it very much, even though I listened to it MANY times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back