1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

The Best audiophile tracks to test equipment

Discussion in 'Music' started by deafmutelame, Mar 9, 2005.
First
 
Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next
 
Last
  1. gbacic
    Smile - Brian Wilson

    So many instruments playing so many things, and it's so well recorded. for instrument separation, I guess... or just for a great listen [​IMG]
     
  2. LFF
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Smile - Brian Wilson

    So many instruments playing so many things, and it's so well recorded. for instrument separation, I guess... or just for a great listen [​IMG]




    I agree. However, once I heard the original version by the Beach Boys I have been unable to go back to Brian's version.
     
  3. steinba
    I'll play.

    Dream Theater - Awake
    Roger Waters - Amused To Death
    Suzanne Vega - 99.9 F°
    Tower Of Power - Rythm & Business (Not exactly my cup of tea, but WOW!)
     
    Ninth Wave likes this.
  4. XaNE
    I found this a few days ago, Buckethead - "Big Sur Moon" on the Colma album. Is a extremely good track to test for headphone speed.
     
  5. gbacic
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I agree. However, once I heard the original version by the Beach Boys I have been unable to go back to Brian's version.



    I listen to the recent release (well the real release) because it's the most complete one I know of, which one do you listen to?
     
  6. LFF
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I listen to the recent release (well the real release) because it's the most complete one I know of, which one do you listen to?



    I listen to the original 1966 album recorded by The Beach Boys - it's even more complete than the "real" release because it features Paul McCartney playing carrot. [​IMG]
     
  7. gbacic
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I listen to the original 1966 album recorded by The Beach Boys - it's even more complete than the "real" release because it features Paul McCartney playing carrot. [​IMG]



    I'll have to find the CD in my dad's zillion CD's

    ugg if he just kept them organized [​IMG]
     
  8. LFF
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by gbacic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'll have to find the CD in my dad's zillion CD's

    ugg if he just kept them organized [​IMG]




    The original Beach Boys SMiLE was never released officially. [​IMG]
     
  9. alcyst
    "Many of the tracks which were originally recorded for Smile eventually found their way onto subsequent Beach Boys albums."
     
  10. mikeymad
    Roger Waters - Amused To Death
    - "The Ballad of Bill Hubbard"
    - "What God Wants, Part I"

    Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself
    - "Hide and Seek"
    - "The Moment I Said It"
    - "Just for Now"

    RCA Living Stereo - Saint Saens: Symphony # 3 ("Organ") - SACD
    The Boston Symphony Orchestra, Charles Munch conducting
    - if time - the entire work - otherwise track 4 (most equipment cannot take it)

    Pink Floyd - The final Cut
    - "Paranoid Eyes"

    Rebecca Pidgeon - The Raven
    - 'The Raven" (I know I just like it better than "Spanish Harlem")

    Yes - 90125
    - "Hearts"


    hmmmmm there are others... but this is what I have been picking out these days.... Will have to poke around at some of the others in this thread...

    Cheers,
     
  11. salsadj
    Misty by Tsuyoshi Yamamoto Trio on the XRCD Autumn In Seattle. The imaging and soundstage of the beautiful bass at the beginning is heavenly.

    DJ Rod
     
  12. YtseJamer
    I like :

    1- Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
    2- Tool - Lateralus
    3- Dream Theater - Train Of Thought
    4- Radiohead - OK Computer
    5- Liquid Tension Experiment
     
    Ninth Wave likes this.
  13. Deep Funk
    Tubular Bells 1973 - Mike Oldfield (Instrumentals!), the entire album is good way to test the sound.

    Superstar Pt Zero - K-os, jazzy, hiphop, samples and more in one wonderful winding track.

    A Rush Of Blood To The Head - Coldplay, the entire album is a good way to test the sound.

    Blues For The Red Sun - Kyuss, the entire album is a good way to test the sound especially with '50 million year trip (downside up)' and 'Apothecaries' Weight.'

    Satsuki - Kagrra, J-Rock with some great musical transitions.

    Omou - Kagrra, the same for 'Satsuki,' play these the two Kagrra tracks in sequence starting with 'Satsuki.' These two tracks complete eachothers sound.
     
  14. gbacic
    Shugo tokumaru - Exit
    the whole album has many instruments that sound like things you hear in real life and might be familiar with; good for fidelity.
     
  15. fault151
    To name but a few:

    The Who - Baba O'Riley
    Marcus Miller - Panther
    Radiohead - Anything off Ok computer
    Best Audiophile Voices IV
     
First
 
Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next
 
Last

Share This Page