The beauty of a vase
Jan 6, 2016 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
So I cleaned out and redesigned my bedroom. I decided to buy a vase to add a little style to a top shelf. I got a beautiful but simple $40 vase. I have to admit vases are beautiful. Never in my life have I realized the beauty of a vase.

All my life, a vase or pottery was something in the background and nothing special. I finally noticed and paid attention. The vase has been around since the dawn of mankind. It has been useful in just about every home for thousands of years. They can be such beautiful works of art and even a simple masterpiece. I now see beauty in a vase.

Jan 6, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 5
They are great for clamping headphones around like a stand :D

Here's one of my favourites by Locatelli for  Driade:

https://shop.mohd.it/en/vaso-qing-i-d14913-2.html
http://cdn.ambientedirect.com/chameleon/mediapool/thumbs/5/6f/none_176x176-ID7585-4099aa23e4a290c8b18f6037114cbdf8.jpg

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 5
You gotta be careful when buying a vase. It has to look good in your room and blend in well. If it's the right size, shape and color and matches well with the interior, it gives the room that extra appeal of elegance. It's a subtle thing, kind of like finding that nice wrist watch that looks good on you. 

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 5
And also, depending on how the room is set up, a vase may not look right especially if it's cluttered with a lot of junk and stuff. My room in on the minimal side so a single vase right by my framed Picasso reissue print looks lovely.

Jan 7, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Absolutely!  I found out the bag lady way with too many vases. 

The aesthetics of the vase as a container, mirrors the function of the room, another container.  For form to flow one to another, it must be fluid.   That is not to say, the vase should leak - rather  - its organisation within the room is fluid without aany necessarily. 

Rotating vases on display is one way to manage them.   Getting a wild Bengal kitten is another way to manage them :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back