The Basshead Club
Jun 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #6,691 of 11,286
Quote:
I would say M100s as well. By far the most durable and best sound quality IMO.
Some people have had issues with comfort, but I can wear them for hours on end with no discomfort.

Are the M100 so Uncomfortable?
I cant try them cuz im from ecuador and Im gonna order a pair from Amazon..

Quote:

My ranking would be as follows:  
Sound Quality - all are pretty close in terms of technical capability but depends on what sound signature you're looking for.
M-100: Bass-emphasized, balanced everything else
Logitech: Relatively balanced/flat
MDR-1R: Mids-emphasized, laid back sub-bass and treble

Durability
1. M-100 (by far)
2. MDR-1R
3. Logitech

Comfort
1. MDR-1R
2. Logitech
3. M-100

DESIGN
1. MDR-1R
2. M-100
3. Logitech

Are the M100 so uncomfortable?

Jun 24, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #6,694 of 11,286
Quote:
Yes my budget is max 200-250 dollar. I saw a grado in your profile pic, would you recommend them if I listen that genre what I linked?

Actually, the grado profile pic is actually a default pic. I'm not exactly a fan of grado due to its pretty poor comfort (for the ps500, the one and only I tested). Apparently, the flat-pad and big-bowl-pad does improve the comfort quite a bit. (Quoting frm others). However, I heard that grado's house signature is basically V-shaped and have a "In-Your-Face" Presentation. (Again, quoting from others). I'm not sure about you and your preferred sound signature, but for me I prefer laid-back sound. Also, I value Sound Quality so for me, it's not just abt the Biggest Bass. I'm not exactly sure what is your financial situation but I believe you are able to save up another 100-200 if you are thrifty enough and go ahead to get the M100 as it is one of my favourite basshead cans though I don't own it because of the height of its soundstage which I find not high enough, like as if my music is constricted or trapped. 

However, the bass on the M100 is a lot, almost too much for me, but YMMV as always. I may be a basshead but I like my bass to be weighty but not too weighty so you can call me extremely picky!

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #6,695 of 11,286
Quote:
just look at the ohms of each headphone you want, if its 35 ohms and up and you are listening from a mobile device then i would say they would benifit from a fiio e5, but if they have any more than 60 ohms go for the e11.

i cant really tell you for sure if you would need it for a computer because i dont know much about computer cards and stuff.

impedance is not the only factor determining how "easy to drive" the headphones are. telling someone to "just look at the ohms" is oversimplified and wrong. there are other things to take into consideration, such as sensitivity. not to mention that many cans that supposedly "dont need an amp" will still benefit from one, whereas many claim that "hard to drive" cans can actually be driven decently without one, or with a weaker one than most would recommend. 

asking here whether or not one should get an amp is kinda pointless anyway, as from my experience, most people would recommend that you do regardless of the headphones your getting.

Jun 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #6,696 of 11,286
If there's one number you could look at to determine whether you need an amp it would be the dB/mW sensitivity. Unfortunately not always quoted for all phones and often conflated with dB/V sensitivity, which is different and overly favors low-Z phones.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #6,699 of 11,286
Quote:
impedance is not the only factor determining how "easy to drive" the headphones are. telling someone to "just look at the ohms" is oversimplified and wrong. there are other things to take into consideration, such as sensitivity. not to mention that many cans that supposedly "dont need an amp" will still benefit from one, whereas many claim that "hard to drive" cans can actually be driven decently without one, or with a weaker one than most would recommend. 

asking here whether or not one should get an amp is kinda pointless anyway, as from my experience, most people would recommend that you do regardless of the headphones your getting.

Lol, i completely forgot about using amps for volume... for me its all about the sound quality.

But yeah, i guess one thing to add is that any pair of headphones will benifit from an amp...

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #6,700 of 11,286
Guys, help me choose please!

-Logitech UE9000 or UE6000
-V-moda M100 or Lp2
or any other nice looking headphone with nice build quality, sound quality, comfort 

Many people has told me to get the M100 instead of Logitech...

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #6,701 of 11,286
Quote:

-V-moda M100 or Lp2
or any other nice looking headphone with nice build quality, sound quality, comfort 

The LP2 doesn't sound that good for anything other than electronic stuff IMO. I haven't heard the UE series so I won't comment on those.

Jun 25, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #6,704 of 11,286
Quote:

-V-moda M100 or Lp2

I can't say this with enough conviction, certainty and enthusiasm- M-100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back