The Basshead Club
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #6,632 of 11,286
Quote:
has anyone heard the new velodyne vtrue, do they have better bass than lp2 and m100's just curious as they look amazing

Do a search as I believe someone recently got them.  I just read the thread recently. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #6,633 of 11,286
hi oregonian what headphones are you looking at next was gonna purchase the jvc sz2000's but some one said the m100 are better than them, might buy them when the price drops a bit but the vtrue's I have a feeling are truly great in the bass department. will have a look at that thread you suggested.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #6,634 of 11,286
Quote:
has anyone heard the new velodyne vtrue, do they have better bass than lp2 and m100's just curious as they look amazing

I owned them briefly.  While they are solidly constructed, they are the bulkiest, heaviest headphones I have ever worn.  They have excellent bass, but not better than M-100.  Mids are very good, but highs are rolled off to point that I would classify them as dark.  You would be better served by M-100 or even UE6000 at a much lower price point compared to the $400 V-True.

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #6,635 of 11,286
thanks for the info was about to pull the trigger on the headphones geez is it really this hard to find a more bassier headphone than the LP2 and the XB1000 does anyone have any suggestions I have the pro900 also but to me they dont have as much impact as the xb1000 and the lp2's

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #6,636 of 11,286
These are on my Basshead buy list, 

JVC ha sz1000 
Velodyne VTrue
dt770 pro 80
ath ws99 already had these but sold them off to buy the pro700mk2's, might buy again depending on bass of the mk2's
Ncredible N-Pulse
m audio q40 this got lost in the post so I am looking for another pair to buy.
vibe blackdeath A british subwoofer company made these headphones claiming they have earth shattering bass 

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #6,637 of 11,286
Quote:

JVC ha sz1000 
Velodyne VTrue
dt770 pro 80
ath ws99 already had these but sold them off to buy the pro700mk2's, might buy again depending on bass of the mk2's
Ncredible N-Pulse
vibe blackdeath A british subwoofer company made these headphones claiming they have earth shattering bass 

That's a great list of basshead phones you have there.  I like them all except the WS99.  To me it was not impressive. 

I'm not sure what's next - I've been contemplating the Denon D7000 - already have the D2000 so interested in the differences, or the Sig DJ since I have the Sig Pro but hear the DJ has better bass.    Was considering the new JVC but after reading the responses from gelocks (who I bought my Sig Pro's from and feel he knows what I like) I'm not sure.  May buy them just to see but I'm feeling like I'm at the point of staying with a high end basshead can.   Boiling my answer down...................I have no idea.  I have the M-100 but tho it's good I wouldn't say it's an amazing basshead can - I like it for portable use tho.  I actually A/B'd them against my Q-40 the other night and was more impressed with the Q40. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #6,638 of 11,286
Seems more people vote for them V-Moda M100 than the Logitech UE9000 by all the ways 
So I would order it by amazon and ship it to ecuador
deadhorse.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #6,640 of 11,286
Just recieved my pro700mk2  and by god do these have a ton of bass looks like I wont be buying the ws99 as these have twice the bass impact and quality as the ws99's. still burning in but out of the box these were absoulute monsters very happy with these deffo a keeper. the bass is a lot fuller and bigger than the LP2's however the LP2's have tighter bass, and the mid bass on these on par with the xb1000's however it does not touch the xb1000's rumble though. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #6,641 of 11,286
Just recieved my pro700mk2 

and by god do these have a ton of bass looks like I wont be buying the ws99 as these have twice the bass impact and quality as the ws99's. still burning in but out of the box these were absoulute monsters very happy with these deffo a keeper. the bass is a lot fuller and bigger than the LP2's however the LP2's have tighter bass, and the mid bass on these on par with the xb1000's however it does not touch the xb1000's rumble though. 

Might try the M-50 pads on those now. I was told it makes them much more comfy and actually improves the bass. Good score, think they are one of the go to basshead phones.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #6,642 of 11,286

JVC ha sz1000 
Velodyne VTrue
dt770 pro 80
Ncredible N-Pulse

Those Vibe Blackdeath look very interesting. "Death by bass" lol http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/vibe-headphones/blackdeath-over-ear-headphones/

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #6,644 of 11,286
OK the pro700mk2 are my new fav basshead cans, if you are a basshead seriously check these out playing around with the eq settings the bass on these is more than monstrous I had to actually take them off my head with that much bass, they respond to eq amazingly and are quite when you want them to be but when you turn the volume up thats when the bass just awakens, better than LP2's yes they are better than xb1000's yes they are to me. also not so big as they seem in pics I can comfortably take these out as a portable headphone. audio technika is a brand I will trust always now. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #6,645 of 11,286
OK the pro700mk2 are my new fav basshead cans, if you are a basshead seriously check these out playing around with the eq settings the bass on these is more than monstrous I had to actually take them off my head with that much bass, they respond to eq amazingly and are quite when you want them to be but when you turn the volume up thats when the bass just awakens, better than LP2's yes they are better than xb1000's yes they are to me. also not so big as they seem in pics I can comfortably take these out as a portable headphone. audio technika is a brand I will trust always now. 

They are a bit dark without EQ, but they are technically superior to the M50 and sound better if you EQ a bit more high end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back