The Basshead Club
Nov 13, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #3,271 of 11,286
Quote:
Guys... Its called a subwoofer... xD

It's called a Bass HEAD Thread... we ALL know and porably LOVE sub woofers, but sadly the ppl around us do not... which is why we amp the tar out of cans :3, 

But Sub woofers are nice... although I've never been happy with any smaller than like 15"s e.e and I've heard some pretty BAD set ups... with 100% Sub Bass... like it rolls off terribly. But that may have be an EQ thing

My point Rap Lovers have BADLY set up Subs in my experince, and EDM lovers have some awesome Sub SEt ups. I listened to a nice 16" in a friend of mines car... it was lovely :3

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #3,272 of 11,286
Quote:
I listened to a nice 16" in a friend of mines car... it was lovely :3

oh yea! those can be FANTASTIC! my friend has an enormous sub in his car (together with an amp roughly twice times the size of a cereal box) and im pretty sure he can create a minor earthquake with it. i love driving around with him...

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3,275 of 11,286
Yeah, Tyll said the M-100 is the best basshead headphone ever and that he's gonna put them in his "wall of fame". 
L3000.gif

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #3,278 of 11,286
Quote:
Is the M80 with a ZO a good basshead combo?

The ZO is a "bass amp" and the M-80 is a basshead on-ear so the combo should be very good. They look good together too. 
smile.gif

My M-80 + FiiO E11 combo works great as far as the bass goes. I try to "mix it up" with the settings. For example, I mainly use the eq on my rb clip zip on +1 for the bass and the E11 on the 1 setting. But pretty soon I'm moving to over ears. I'm gonna get the COP's for now and then the M-100's down the road.

Nov 16, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #3,282 of 11,286
Quote:
So.... Whats the verdict on the LPs versus the LP2s? Im a HUGE bass head and i want me a pair of v modas. I want the hardest hitting bass of the two.

I know LP got a bit more bass than LP2 but which hits with harder impact I'm not sure of as which has the biggest bass may not necessarily hit the hardest. At least I know LP2 hits very hard, as a comparision it had a slightly harder hitting midbass slam than XB500 which overall is often concidered the "go-to" basshead headphone when it just comes to outtputting as much bass as possible, the XB500 had a little more subbass impact while LP2 a bit more impact in the midbass, the "punch" was like physically harder hitting and XB500  slightly more loose & soft in comparision.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #3,283 of 11,286
Quote:
oh yea! those can be FANTASTIC! my friend has an enormous sub in his car (together with an amp roughly twice times the size of a cereal box) and im pretty sure he can create a minor earthquake with it. i love driving around with him...

Hehe, this friend of mine was a girl ;3 so HAH.

But I'm currently saving up for a Tube Hybrid, Grado sri-80's a O2 Dac\Amp so e.e I hope I can still get ahold of some XB1000's as I really do want them :3 [I might actually buy them first... since they are rather rare an dwinlding! 

Wow Amazon has just gotten like 30 different supplier with XB1000's and the price has gone dwn about 10-$20... I guess the demand is low and the supply is still high :D

So I'm a little scared now... I heard about a can Called the JVC Dx1000... it sounds pretty much like a High End Xb1000... but it costs $1100 :D... which makes me wonder... how much longer till the XB1k like the Dx1k get's expensive e.e

non the less I'd love to own both cans :D, hopefully I'll have the Xb1k soon ^^

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #3,284 of 11,286
Well boys and girls, it's been great but unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be loosing internet for awhile. Hopefully I won't be gone too long but if I am, maybe there'll be some epic new basshead headphones on the market. Later everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back