The Basshead Club
Dec 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #8,521 of 11,286
No distortion, just very strong bass and great depth of sound. I only went away from doubling up when I got an Arrow 3G which with its two stage bass switch really doesn't need the ZO.

For me a two-stage bass boost isn't a replacement for 32-level. I'm way more picky than that, the ideal bass level isn't matter of 5dB differences, I tweak my sound on 0.5dB basis! :p Guess I'm just too much of a perfectionist.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #8,522 of 11,286

For me a two-stage bass boost isn't a replacement for 32-level. I'm way more picky than that, the ideal bass level isn't matter of 5dB differences, I tweak my sound on 0.5dB basis! :p Guess I'm just too much of a perfectionist.

Yup, I am like you; I like to tweak the bass levels with an EQ on my players to achieve the optimal bass presentation. In fact, I have many EQ profiles and across my library of dance music, some tunes sound good with a certain profile, whilst others sound pretty bad. In this respect, the ZO really shines with its small but progressive bass steps, and it works well in tandem with an EQ.

One thing I don't like about the ZO2.3 though, is its size. I wish it would be a big bigger and more rectangular in shape. It would be great if it could be something similar in dimensions to an E11, albeit slightly smaller.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #8,523 of 11,286
i found the e11 to be a great little portable amp, however, im not a big fan of its bass boost. i found it changed the music too much. when i searched the internet i found that like most bass boosting amps, the e11s boost starts at ~1KHz and rises from there, which would explain the difference in sound that i felt. 
i think most hardware bass boosters are this way and i find it rather annoying, which is why i stick to software eqing, which leaves it up to me to decide where the boost begins.
the zo2, though i have never owned or heard one, has a boost that starts from ~300 Hz, which makes alot more sense in my humble opinion.

Quote:
  Hi All,

I bought a Dt770 premium 32ohm headset with velours pads. Was expecting a bass monster. But it wasn't at all. i would almopst call it neutral or even a treble headphone. Definitely not bassy.
is the pros 80ohm the bass monsters?

i have the 250 ohm version, but from what i hear, the differences in sound signature between versions isnt as big as its made out to be. however, the 80 ohms are indeed considered to be the bassiest of the lot, but i cant vouch for that myself.
i agree with you, the beyer treble is a bit harsh, and no, the dt 770s arent as bassy as their reputation suggests. they are very bass capable though. with some eqing you can easily turn them into head rattling, ear drum punishing bass monsters, and you can also attenuate that treble if you like.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #8,525 of 11,286
Yup, I am like you; I like to tweak the bass levels with an EQ on my players to achieve the optimal bass presentation. In fact, I have many EQ profiles and across my library of dance music, some tunes sound good with a certain profile, whilst others sound pretty bad.
You should probably help me out here :D: http://www.head-fi.org/t/696561/help-a-noob-with-eq#post_10094836

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #8,528 of 11,286
can it play music? Last I heard it couldnt play mp3s or cds which sucks *****cat balls. :frowning2:

I think there is a way to play music through the ps4's music store.

Mostly gonna use my headphones for gaming though. Nice :3

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #8,529 of 11,286
I got a ps4 for christmas today, cant wait to plug my headphones into the controller :')

no offense with the crap part 
beyersmile.png

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #8,531 of 11,286
  I got a Logitech Z313 speaker system today, haven't opened or tried it yet. I might do an unboxing and review later on if you guys would care to see.

Funny since I have one too haha! For its size it is a good little set, I use it for my "theatre room" with my video projector. It really does the trick to play PS3 and movies with friends. I just regret a bit that the loudspeakers aren't bigger because those tiny buddies proved to be quite accurate and loud.

I just think that some bigger space or wood box would do the trick, it is already loud. It would then match better the bass box.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #8,532 of 11,286
Funny since I have one too haha! For its size it is a good little set, I use it for my "theatre room" with my video projector. It really does the trick to play PS3 and movies with friends. I just regret a bit that the loudspeakers aren't bigger because those tiny buddies proved to be quite accurate and loud.

I just think that some bigger space or wood box would do the trick, it is already loud. It would then match better the bass box.

It'll probably be loud enough for me, ill be using it for my computer, xbox, to hear tv on my monitor, and just using with my ipod lol. Can't wait to try them out and see that bass box in action! Haven't been able to set it up in my room yet :frowning2:

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #8,533 of 11,286
It'll probably be loud enough for me, ill be using it for my computer, xbox, to hear tv on my monitor, and just using with my ipod lol. Can't wait to try them out and see that bass box in action! Haven't been able to set it up in my room yet :frowning2:
By "bass box" do you mean subwoofer? Haha

Also I got a JDS Labs C5 for Christmas and the bass boost on it is pretty massive when paired with the M-100. Not sure how much I like it yet though.

Dec 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #8,535 of 11,286
Hey everyone, i need a new pair of earphones and my budget for them would be around $40.You guys might remember im a huge basshead with an equal need for clear mids and highs. Ive been considering the JVC HA-FX3X, JVC HA-FX1X, SoundMAGIC E10, Sony MH1C, and the Senn CX300, what do you guys think of these? I am currently using a pair of Phillips SHE3580 which i believe are pretty big on bass and are only $15 most everywhere. I listen to dubstep mostly so mid bass and sub bass is hugely needed. I dont need super high quality phones, because i know audiophile phones are more expensive and i dont even like audiophile cans=balanced sound, again, im a basshead 
beyersmile.png

So any help, feedback, and recommendations are highly appreciated. Happy Holidays all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back