The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Jun 13, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #1,578 of 1,853
Check this thread out. The OP has eq settings for the SZ posted if I'm not mistaken, if not, just ask and he will share with you.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #1,580 of 1,853
It requires a LOT of EQ to be a basshead headphone, and even then doesn't sound that great. Didn't take me long to sell mine. 

A lot of people swear by them, and that's totally fine by me. 

Yeah.... I don't EQ that much. I know these cans have a lot of bass, but i'm not sold on the JVC sound. What would you rec for around $200? The Pro700 looks pretty good, but I've heard the clamp is a killer

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #1,581 of 1,853
More than EQ the SZ2000 need a lot of power. You're pushing 4 hungry drivers and bass suffers if there is a lack of power. Out of a multitude of portable amps only the Cayin C5 comes close to powering these properly. I have tried Fiio E12DIY, O2, Cmoy and a couple of RSA amps without much luck.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,584 of 1,853
  If you want a basshead can, go for the SZ2000. Best basshead cans out there imho.

It requires a LOT of EQ to be a basshead headphone, and even then doesn't sound that great. Didn't take me long to sell mine. 

A lot of people swear by them, and that's totally fine by me. 

A month ago while browsing the SZ2000 thread, I remember reading a couple of posts that said it rattled their teeth and jawbone. This totally sounds like mid-bass and lower midrange that's doing that, probably around 70 - 250 Hz, and is precisely the frequency range I do not want to boost. I seriously doubt sub-bass (i.e., 60 Hz and lower) can rattle your teeth and jaw.

Jun 13, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #1,590 of 1,853
Just got in a set of ATH-WS99's yesterday from another Head-fier.  Been listening to them today using Spotify straight out of my phone.  All I can say is I'm in love.  These blow away anything I've ever had.  "Lush" is what I keep thinking while listening to them.  Bass is smooth and deep but not overdone.  They also came with HM5 pads which add to comfort (they are are a little loose though).  Just wish the cable was detachable so they would fit in a case better.  These are currently around $120 new on Amazon which I think is a steal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back