1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by macedonianhero, Oct 4, 2012.
First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Next

Last
  1. wrecked_porsche

Well, there is always that L3000G which u mentioned earlier? Pristine, no? Hahaha.
    I should probably cut down my collection too, its really gotten out of hand over the years. I keep hoarding them but I only ever use the W11JPNs most of the time.

Speaker wise, I'm currently rocking a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.7 and Dali Ikon 6 driven by the Luxman L507u and fed by the Primare Dac 30. This setup rarely gets much use though. I'm more of a circumstantial headphone guy because if I use the speakers, I'd want to turn up the volume....
    Yeah, B&W is another brand that I lust after (besides TAD and PMC). B&W speakers are gorgeous af and they sound great too.

Just try to google for some silk cleaning tips or home remedies to clean silk. The key here is that its silk, so you gotta be specific with the search, use something too abrasive and you gon damage the silk....
    Should be plenty of tips out there though. What did you spill on it?

2. AppleheadMay

You got to be kidding. Wharfedale? About 20 years ago I made a bet with my wife for a pair of speakers. She thought my bet wasn't serious.
    Although I had some pretty nice Grundig Fine Arts back then (more or less pyramid shape) the day after I came home with a pair of simple, black and rectangular rather smallish but as large as they get for bookshelves Wharfedales. Just for hardrock as these babies knew how to rock!
    Dali? I love the older Dalis. The dealer I was buying from in the nineties had a few brands for speakers: Dali, Infinity, Fine Arts, Wharfedale and Mission.
    I remember a pair of large bookshelve Dalis that looked like they were made of roughly cut oak. Awesome look and great sound as well though the Infinitys were my favotites at that time. I bought the Fine Arts though as they were more affordable at that time for me but nothing beats a large woofer. Power hungry though!

3. Failed Engineer
    Just pulled these out of the closet for the first time in 6 months for a session tonight.  They sound so beautiful!  Listening to a couple of Emm Gryner albums.  She's a very emotive singer and the W3000ANV just brought it out in spades.  I really love this headphone.  And it's more technically competent than I remember it being previously.

Way way past my bedtime but I can't stop listening.

4. up late
    yeah, i listened to mine last week for the first time in a while and it was lovely. i've been threatening to sell them for ages but it's nice having them around. i've always appreciated the delicate treble presentation in particular. it's detailed but never fatiguing.

5. paulchiu

i have a good home for them...   just sayin'

6. up late
    i'll keep that in mind :wink:

7. AppleheadMay
    If anybody is looking for some genuine new W3000ANV pads, see below.

8. Failed Engineer
    So how many of the participants from the beginning of the thread still own their W3000?  I've been listening to mine a lot in the last few weeks and I'm stunned by them all over again.  These are truly special.

9. r one
    I have mine since 2013 and it's absolutely out of my mind to sell it one day :wink:

10. wrecked_porsche
    I still have mine. I use it on rotation together with my W11JPN.

11. up late
    still have mine too but they don't get much head time tbh

12. AppleheadMay
    I've sold mine when I got a head-fi depression a some years ago.
    Up until a few weeks ago this was the one pair I still wanted back but didn't have back yet of the phone I sold then.
    I have a chance now to get a BNIB pair. It's in the UK right now but will go back to the US by the end of the month.
    I'm quite content (thanks for the term Up :wink:  ) with how small in size my phones inventory has become right now and prefer not to expand it anymore.
    So if anybody is intersted I can ask the owner if he's still willing to sell.
    He's a long time Head-Fier but has been inactive lately.

13. filuS
    I still have mine (I bought them from AppleheadMay) and have no intentions of selling them. I simply love them :)

14. AppleheadMay

AH! You're the one! [​IMG]
    No, seriously, I had two, sold them both here.
    Stupid and it's a pair of phones I always would have liked to have back.
    But I'm happy with my 3 phones collection now and don't want to start collecting phones again.
    Three's merry, four's a crowd. :wink:
    Wonderful phones though!

15. musicman59
    I still have mine too.

First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
Next

Last