1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by macedonianhero, Oct 4, 2012.
First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last
  1. up late
    ouch! lol

2. dallan Contributor
    I use the w3000anv with a v200 and with Zana Deux. Very differnt sound. One warm and lush the other detailed and dynamic. Detailed and dynamic is the Zana Deux, better by a league but the v200 is good too.

3. AppleheadMay

Yep, that's how I remember the Zana, that amp has a magical sound, it makes just about any phone enjoyable. Detail, heaps of detail.

4. Mach3
    Anyone selling a spare pair? I'm looking for one.

5. up late
    what are they selling for used these days?

6. Mach3
    Cheapest I've seen them get sold for was $1100 USD and $1000 euro. Excluding shipping and paypal fees

7. up late
    ok - thanks

8. Dopaminer
    I can always track them down here in Tokyo - there are two right now in my friend`s headphone shop.  He also has the even more rare w2002.  Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss surrogate-shopping strategies . . .   

d

9. preproman

David....  Got'em......

[​IMG]

10. Dopaminer

Yeah! 
    [​IMG]

11. snapple10
    PM
    Will not mind one in all stock

12. Dopaminer
    Brethren, 

I have another new 3000ANV available. Pristine, all packaging, etc.  

PM me if interested and I`ll send you a batch of photos.  It`s going on Ebay in a day or two if no headfiers snatch it up. 

David

13. Show
    Toying with the idea of recabling the W3000 to run balanced. It's the only headphone in my collection that is still single ended, and my main amp does a much better job from the XLR outputs.

Has anyone done this? (subsequently, what are your thoughts if you have done it?). I've passed the point where the look of the connector matters. Strangly, the W3000 are my only closed cans atm, perhaps I am just better off getting an LA7000 and leave the W3000?

Itchy fingers.

14. Mach3

Yes I have, but not on my pair :) I have converted the W3000 stock cable to balance 4 pin for a friend. All Audio Technica, Denon, Fostex and JVC flagship cables seem to be made from the same manufacturer. Cable contains 4 wires, reason I didn't do mine is because I can't purchase any wooden 4 pin XLR to suit the W3000 plug.

15. Show
    I did not know that. The cable gauge does seem very small though compared to the Beyer T1s (which are a balanced terminated into single ended). Had no hesitation chopping up the T1 as the cable wasn't that pretty.

I wish all flagships would come as a 4pin XLR with a 4pinXLR-M to single ended as a standard. Would only cost them about $15.

First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last