The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
Oct 23, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #1,516 of 1,529
So are you saying they wired connectors into your headphones or removed the connectors from that cable and wired the cable itself into your headphones? Would love to see a photo of the finished job. Either here or by p.m. Thanks
I think he meant to hardwire the cable directly onto the driver.

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #1,517 of 1,529
I think he meant to hardwire the cable directly onto the driver.
Yes he pm'd me a photo that indicated just what you said. It gave me an idea. I thought to convert my anniversary models I would have to cut the cable and splice in new wires. Or alter the cups to install connectors. I just looked at them and I think if I carefully remove the existing cable I could wire in a balanced cable without altering the cups. I would just like to have the opportunity to return them to original. The value of these hasn't gone crazy high but they still are collectible in my opinion. And the ability to return them to original condition would be a plus

Oct 23, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #1,520 of 1,529
Just replace the original cable with the new one. No cups modifications require.
You will have to cut the connectors off, then solder the wire to the drivers.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #1,521 of 1,529
Just replace the original cable with the new one. No cups modifications require.
You will have to cut the connectors off, then solder the wire to the drivers.
Thanks. Good to know it wouldn't require modification to the cups. When you say cut the connectors off do you mean slip on connectors inside of the cups that attach the cables to the drivers? I wouldn't want to cut any part of the cable that shows outside of the cups. I'd love to see internal photos of these headphones or a similar Audio Technica closed model

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #1,522 of 1,529
Thanks. Good to know it wouldn't require modification to the cups. When you say cut the connectors off do you mean slip on connectors inside of the cups that attach the cables to the drivers? I wouldn't want to cut any part of the cable that shows outside of the cups. I'd love to see internal photos of these headphones or a similar Audio Technica closed model
You don't cut the original cable. You removed it. If your new cable has any conectors removed the conectors, then solder the wires to the drivers.

No modification to the cups at all. You can reversed if you like later.

Oct 24, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #1,523 of 1,529
You don't cut the original cable. You removed it. If your new cable has any conectors removed the conectors, then solder the wires to the drivers.

No modification to the cups at all. You can reversed if you like later.
Yes, I did this myself and use a Moon-Audio Silver Dragon as an upgrade cable. One will need to remove the earpad, then remove four screws and the wooden cup should come off the frame. Then remove more screws to gain access to the back side of the driver, desolder the stock wire, and then hardwire the upgrade cable. Should be a sonic improvement.

Oct 24, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,524 of 1,529
Yes, I did this myself and use a Moon-Audio Silver Dragon as an upgrade cable. One will need to remove the earpad, then remove four screws and the wooden cup should come off the frame. Then remove more screws to gain access to the back side of the driver, desolder the stock wire, and then hardwire the upgrade cable. Should be a sonic improvement.
Yes it is. An improvement

Oct 24, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #1,525 of 1,529
Okay thanks very much, tells me everything I need to know. I'm guessing removing the pads is simple, maybe just twist and they come off? Thanks again

Sep 19, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #1,526 of 1,529
Been playing with EQ just to see what's up. Man, you can make these headphones sound good.

Attachments

• snap153.png
    snap153.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 21, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #1,528 of 1,529
Been playing with EQ just to see what's up. Man, you can make these headphones sound good.
Mine looks awesome, Cups look like new; I just put on a fresh coat of Wax. lol

Yes, the EQ makes this sound really nice. And lovely. I'm very happy i never got rid of mine. I even get the rumble as my TH900 lol

Nov 25, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #1,529 of 1,529
Listening to this beuties. I tell you they sound good. The EQ better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back