The Audio Lounge
Dec 31, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #25,876 of 35,985
An early best wishes for you all for 2021. 2020 was a motherf***er. 2021 has only to suck to be a better year. Set the bar low...story of my life.

1609360632628.png

1E6EDFCD-0903-484A-A77D-AE5B58C5B189.jpeg

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #25,877 of 35,985
2020 good ****ing riddance. There has been nothing good from leadership, to the people, to the whole crap load cesspool of deceit, lies, zealots, and shills. We are doomed and while I think that some good somewhere can come from all this, I’m having problems being realistic and optimistic. Best to bubble up and tune out.

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #25,879 of 35,985
I got a couple of new things in over the last few days. I got a new case for my dap and a couple of IEMs, was a Christmas gift from the wife. It's an awesome case that holds all my sh**, lol. And I bought myself a set of IMR Opus Mias and I'm loving them paired with the Hiby R5. Hope everybody had a great holiday, and have a safe and happy new year.

New case:
1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

IMR Opus Mia w/ Hiby R5
om1.jpgom2.jpg

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #25,880 of 35,985
I got a couple of new things in over the last few days. I got a new case for my dap and a couple of IEMs, was a Christmas gift from the wife. It's an awesome case that holds all my sh**, lol. And I bought myself a set of IMR Opus Mias and I'm loving them paired with the Hiby R5. Hope everybody had a great holiday, and have a safe and happy new year.

New case:
1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

IMR Opus Mia w/ Hiby R5
om1.jpgom2.jpg
Nearly bought a r5 saber last week on a deal, was torn between it and a r3pro saber... decided on the R3 Pro saber and should be here end of next week , Christmas present .... I'm out really to some degree but I have bought a few bits to help my sit back and enjoy... bought some green andro (already have s version) and a 1tb card , also a hidisz ap80pro .... still using the 160 as my main dap at the minute .

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #25,881 of 35,985
Nearly bought a r5 saber last week on a deal, was torn between it and a r3pro saber... decided on the R3 Pro saber and should be here end of next week , Christmas present .... I'm out really to some degree but I have bought a few bits to help my sit back and enjoy... bought some green andro (already have s version) and a 1tb card , also a hidisz ap80pro .... still using the 160 as my main dap at the minute .

I loved my R3 Pro, and I'm never getting rid of my R5. Hopefully you enjoy your R3 Saber as much.

Dec 31, 2020 at 8:02 PM Post #25,883 of 35,985
I loved my R3 Pro, and I'm never getting rid of my R5. Hopefully you enjoy your R3 Saber as much.
I love my little hidisz ap80pro and similar in some respects so as long as the hardware holds up I'm sure I will...like I said it was a Christmas present and wanted pocketable which is why I chose over r5 saber but it was a close decision , I still use the 160 at home so r5 would of been a bit of a non plus for me ... intrigued by the saber version though and the price it's going for on AliExpress is a steal.

Dec 31, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #25,885 of 35,985
Good to see you both back for a bit.
I ended up selling a whole bunch of stuff and looking to get back to some backyard astronomy and saving for some car hardware for the Spring. No audio purchases planned.
Glad to see this year come to a close.
Hope everyone stays safe and has a great New Year.

Jan 1, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #25,886 of 35,985
Good to see you both back for a bit.
I ended up selling a whole bunch of stuff and looking to get back to some backyard astronomy and saving for some car hardware for the Spring. No audio purchases planned.
Glad to see this year come to a close.
Hope everyone stays safe and has a great New Year.
Thanks .... hope you and your family are well my friend , and your still enjoying your dx160.

Jan 1, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #25,887 of 35,985
@majo123 I am indeed still using the 160. It's one of the most dynamic DAPs (and best sounding) that I have heard for this price. It will probably stay for quite a while.
I feel like the gear that I have I finally am satisfied with, for a time, at least. I still scan around at the new stuff to see what is all about but am not looking to purchase anything.

Hope everything is going well for you. Let's hope that this new start of the year will bring some joy to us all, we've seen enough pain to last a lifetime.

Jan 1, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #25,888 of 35,985
@majo123 I am indeed still using the 160. It's one of the most dynamic DAPs (and best sounding) that I have heard for this price. It will probably stay for quite a while.
I feel like the gear that I have I finally am satisfied with, for a time, at least. I still scan around at the new stuff to see what is all about but am not looking to purchase anything.

Hope everything is going well for you. Let's hope that this new start of the year will bring some joy to us all, we've seen enough pain to last a lifetime.
I quite agree , I bought it twice as you know went back to it after owning m11 and dtr1 prelude says something about the 160 , also if you do your research check most opinions/ reviews most seem to feel it punches way above ... Bluetooth is rubbish but you can't knock audio at its price point and above I feel....every time I look at something new audio wise I try and find a comparable to the 160 and nearly every time I am looking at paying a pretty penny to best it IMO.

I'm okish bit of a rough year with my health and obviously going through all the covid situation same as everyone else as well ....but were here once so make the most of it I say.
Glad all's good with you and yours.

Jan 1, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #25,889 of 35,985
1609516699535.png

Jan 1, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #25,890 of 35,985
Happy new year everyone. Haven't been around, work has been so busy. No new audio equipment, though a new preamp could be next. Invested in a Pentax medium format digital camera and 7 lenses. Wanted one good memory from 2020. It is sweet. Still listening to the Mass/Koss E95 electrostatc headphones, Schiit Loki, and the Ponoplayers. Will be on the lookout for a good Stax amp to power the Koss. Be safe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back