The Audio Lounge
Jul 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #24,977 of 35,970
So after the recent Winblows 10 update I decided to give Edge another try since they hyped that it was greatly improved (and it needed great improvement IMHO). So is it a coincidence that I was hacked for the first time after using it for 3 days?

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #24,978 of 35,970
It's just your average, every day mashup... :wink: :ksc75smile:

Jul 11, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #24,979 of 35,970
So after the recent Winblows 10 I decided to give Edge another try since they hyped that it was greatly improved (and it needed great improvement IMHO). So is it a coincidence that I was hacked for the first time after using it for 3 days?
They can hype it all they want, I'm still gonna use Firefox. And Chrome if some particular thing is built that works a bit better on Chrome than Firefox. I had a site I was using for some online testing that had a better plugin in Chrome than Firefox.

Jul 11, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #24,980 of 35,970
I got a new DAP in on Thursday, the Hiby R5. I didn't really get a chance to play with it until yesterday, but I'm really enjoying it. It has a warm detailed sound that is my style for sure, and the extra power is awesome. Powers my TH-X00 without any issues. The only thing that isn't great for me is that the balanced out is 4.4mm and every balanced IEM cable I own is 2.5mm. Oh well, 1 adapter was a whole lot cheaper than replacing a bunch of cables, lol.

2020-07-11 (5).jpg

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #24,981 of 35,970
@OldDude04 This is an opportunity to get more cables! Haha.
I was in the same spot when I got the DX160. So much easier to get an adapter. I love that right angled one, works really well.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #24,982 of 35,970
@OldDude04 This is an opportunity to get more cables! Haha.
I was in the same spot when I got the DX160. So much easier to get an adapter. I love that right angled one, works really well.

NOMORECABLES!!! Lol.

Funny enough, it was because of your post about the adapter that I bought it. That and that it looks pretty dang sick, lol.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #24,983 of 35,970
I had looked at the R5 and R6 before I got the DX160 as I liked the R3 so much. I think it was @majo123 who turned me to the 160. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the R5 once you get some more head-time with it as we share a similar taste in signatures.

Jul 11, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #24,984 of 35,970
I had looked at the R5 and R6 before I got the DX160 as I liked the R3 so much. I think it was @majo123 who turned me to the 160. I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the R5 once you get some more head-time with it as we share a similar taste in signatures.

Well, if it helps you at all with how I feel about the R5, my R3 Pro sold here on site about 90 minutes ago, haha. Honestly, the R5 is just a better R3 Pro with more features. It has that same Hiby house sound, a bit warm with lots of details, but you get Android and way more juice. Plus with the latest update you get MSEB that is Android system wide rather than just in the Hiby app. So even Youtube, Tidal, Spotify, etc are effected by it. The only thing that I'm having to get used to is the larger size and weight of the R5. The R3 was perfect in those categories IMO.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #24,985 of 35,970
I got a new DAP in on Thursday, the Hiby R5. I didn't really get a chance to play with it until yesterday, but I'm really enjoying it. It has a warm detailed sound that is my style for sure, and the extra power is awesome. Powers my TH-X00 without any issues. The only thing that isn't great for me is that the balanced out is 4.4mm and every balanced IEM cable I own is 2.5mm. Oh well, 1 adapter was a whole lot cheaper than replacing a bunch of cables, lol.

Congrats bro. Love my R6 Pro. Hiby is my favorite DAP brand right now. Kills the Sony WM1Z IMO. I like it better than my old Cayin N6ii because it doesn't have wireless noise. I did like the motherboard changes you could do to change the sound but the wireless noise was a deal breaker for me.

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #24,986 of 35,970
Congrats bro. Love my R6 Pro. Hiby is my favorite DAP brand right now. Kills the Sony WM1Z IMO. I like it better than my old Cayin N6ii because it doesn't have wireless noise. I did like the motherboard changes you could do to change the sound but the wireless noise was a deal breaker for me.

Thanks man! Hiby is my favorite DAP brand as well. It has the sound and features I like from a DAP. I see the R8 as a jump in the future, but for now, I will just enjoy the hell out of my R5/Hyla Sarda combo.

Jul 11, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #24,988 of 35,970
Not around much anymore guys but hope your all well,....love my dx160 but I think the shanling m6 pro is the one to watch pound for pound, maybe il drop on one eventually but I'm pretty much out at the moment.
Had a lot going on and other hobbies (kayaking) are also getting more attention, been on the water for 4 hours today .
20200711_063507.jpg
Anyway as I said I'm more or less out but I will drop in and say hi now and again.
Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back