The Audio Lounge
Apr 9, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #23,058 of 35,988
have to look at my watch to know what day it is

Apr 9, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #23,059 of 35,988
might have had a stroke of luck today, been bidding on some Samsung 512gb cards , same seller selling 4 different cards,....first card i was out bid it went for £23 then pipped at the post on the next two but I managed to win the last one , got it for £10 50! ...now I'm no fool and I know there are fakes about but the seller did have excellent history over the last 12 months and also if it is fake then I can report to PayPal....worst case scenario I lost £10 ....best case I got a 512gb for £10.50

Apr 9, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #23,060 of 35,988
might have had a stroke of luck today, been bidding on some Samsung 512gb cards , same seller selling 4 different cards,....first card i was out bid it went for £23 then pipped at the post on the next two but I managed to win the last one , got it for £10 50! ...now I'm no fool and I know there are fakes about but the seller did have excellent history over the last 12 months and also if it is fake then I can report to PayPal....worst case scenario I lost £10 ....best case I got a 512gb for £10.50
If it is fake, it is quite possible the seller is unaware. Someone could have conned him. That happened to me with a 128gb card long time ago. I messaged the seller and he refunded me. I explained to him how I knew it was fake. No need to report it to PayPal.

Apr 9, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #23,061 of 35,988
If it is fake, it is quite possible the seller is unaware. Someone could have conned him. That happened to me with a 128gb card long time ago. I messaged the seller and he refunded me. I explained to him how I knew it was fake. No need to report it to PayPal.

I tend to disagree, quite often the sellers have total knowledge they are fakes and are relying on your or mine good nature that they don't get reported or people bother asking for refunds ...in my opinion anyone who receives a card that is fake especially from ebay should report it , far too many on there pulling the data capacity scam or just total fake like the Huawei 1tb

Apr 9, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #23,062 of 35,988
This unfortunately is a trinity bob world ... I take no crap and I don't have a good nature :smiling_imp:, well not to conmen anyway, sell me a dodgy card and i will make it difficult lol., which is why I have given Bob so much s#$t.......pusscat really :smiley_cat:

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #23,063 of 35,988
Morning All. Sure is quiet here these days!

I don't really understand the attraction to having a cat. I just see them as bird killers.

Our back garden is a bit of a bird sanctuary (for many years) and we often see cats hiding in bushes, etc. waiting for the birds. I throw a jug of water at the cats and they usually get the hint and move on. I am also not a big fan of magpies as they gang up on and prey on smaller birds.

Birds need drinking water all year long, to drink as well as to condition their feathers. We have a few bird baths in the garden and we are rewarded with an enjoyable spectacle all year round. Remember to change the water when it ices up during the winter months.

We buy ordinary peanuts and wash the salt off before hanging the bird feeder on the tree.

At the moment we have a pair of blackbirds building a nest in one of the bushes.

Step-Guide-on-How-to-Cook-with-Your-Cat4__605.gif

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #23,064 of 35,988
It is quiet round here, but no one is buying and the market has fallen out of the whole community, it is understandable though seeing as a lot of product's are coming from China which is only just coming out of lockdown, also people are more worried about there health and income ..let's face it the retail sector has severely taken a hit in every area apart from food.

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #23,065 of 35,988
On an audio note which has been few and far between with the circumstances, I have been using my comets and btr5 daily , I honestly can't see me changing this setup at work or on the go. It's near perfect for me , ultra portable and the comets fit well, sound great with the btr5 balanced and dont fall out at all.....its only vice is battery which is about 5 hours with ldac but I carry a usbc to usbc which powers it from phone and charges it too so your never totally dead in the water.
I'm not so certain il ever carry a dap on the go again with this and if it gets better and better is the on the go dap a thing of the past? .
Doesn't beat my dx160 andro ,s combo for sitting a listening though it's still by far King.
20200410_112816.jpg

Apr 10, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #23,066 of 35,988

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #23,068 of 35,988
Its still here

Apr 10, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #23,070 of 35,988
And now, for something completely different - the story of how James May managed to record the Top Gear theme music, using engine exhaust notes. :open_mouth:
From Top Gear, Series 6, Episode 11 (2005)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back