The Audio Lounge
Feb 12, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #22,291 of 35,970
Looks interesting. But even at $130, I probably won't get it. It's an open-back dynamic, which means it would compete for the spot my HD600 holds which means it would simply be sold later as I'm never selling the HD600 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I saw that email and they do look cool, but in the end I'm just too much of a planar guy. Like @Midgetguy, the Helios' would only get sold later on if I bought them.
The other thing that strikes me about these is what they are made of; Solid wood and steel... These things are gong to be hella heavy! Say hello Audeze 2.0 minus the planar goodness.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #22,295 of 35,970
If anyone's curious, I finished a review on Dunu DK-4001 and their Hulk Cable, this time in writing! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/02/nuance-and-finesse-dunu-dk-4001-iems-hulk-cable.html

Dunu-DK-4001-Hybrid-Dynamic-BA-IEMs-Earphones-Be-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-28.jpg

Also posted a video about a Chifi IEM, the NiceHCK NX7 PRO :)

Feb 12, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #22,296 of 35,970
Feb 12, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #22,299 of 35,970
I'm really curious if you'll like it! :)

Your review or the 4001. The answer is both, great review BTW. I think I agree with basically everything you wrote:

Quote: "At the end of this review, if you're looking for a high-end IEM, with good build quality, comfort, ergonomics, a soft, mellow, yet quick sound, with a slightly intimate stage, and which comes with both a modular cable and spinfit cables, you should totally consider DK-4001 as your next IEM purchase."

You mention that for you it has an intimate stage, does this refer to its excellent imaging because for me I'm hearing an effect similar to having a set of speakers close to my listening position, it's an effect I do enjoy, I get the same kind of enjoyment with the 4001 as I do with the Sennheiser HD-650

Quote: "DK-4001 offers mediocre isolation from the outside noise, since it has quite a few ventilation ports, but it offers one of the best comforts I have had with a IEM, making me desire to wear it more and to use it more.
"

I notice that too, this IEM won't really work well in noisy environments, but perhaps its the openness to the outside world that gives the 4001 its excellent imaging and sound-stage.

I'm driving mine from a N6ii with E01 which is a very nice pairing.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to write the review, I don't own the Hulk cable just the stock cable but it sounds interesting too.

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #22,300 of 35,970
I'm still waiting for my 11/11 S6Rui order from Linsoul and the prizes I won in their contest first shipment apparrently lost in Hong Kong riots
11/11 S6 Rui finally turned up along with replacement 7H hybrid that was returned for refund due to DOA MCMX connector. But i had requested refund
on 7H (didnt like build quality) and that not honored and 11/11 prize i won (iem) not included or mentioned. so their customer service still impaired....
S6 Rui sounds great, burning in, and havent tried upgrade cable that came with it as promised, but no i nfo about the cable at all included.

Feb 12, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #22,301 of 35,970
NOPE! Here's a good comparison of different materials in weight per cubic foot.

1581532955600.png
That's a nice chart there. I woulda had an emoji at the end of my original statement but apparently, Head-Fi can't handle the ones that are in their list so it just timed when I tried posting the reply and then I gave up on it. Such a disappointment. I wanna see something look at that chart and think "bigger numbers are better, right? Gonna get the most affordable metal there with the biggest number and make a frame out of it" lol

Feb 12, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #22,302 of 35,970
WOW: Baby

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #22,303 of 35,970
Just 'cause I like it

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #22,304 of 35,970
Your review or the 4001. The answer is both, great review BTW. I think I agree with basically everything you wrote:

Quote: "At the end of this review, if you're looking for a high-end IEM, with good build quality, comfort, ergonomics, a soft, mellow, yet quick sound, with a slightly intimate stage, and which comes with both a modular cable and spinfit cables, you should totally consider DK-4001 as your next IEM purchase."

You mention that for you it has an intimate stage, does this refer to its excellent imaging because for me I'm hearing an effect similar to having a set of speakers close to my listening position, it's an effect I do enjoy, I get the same kind of enjoyment with the 4001 as I do with the Sennheiser HD-650

Quote: "DK-4001 offers mediocre isolation from the outside noise, since it has quite a few ventilation ports, but it offers one of the best comforts I have had with a IEM, making me desire to wear it more and to use it more."

I notice that too, this IEM won't really work well in noisy environments, but perhaps its the openness to the outside world that gives the 4001 its excellent imaging and sound-stage.

I'm driving mine from a N6ii with E01 which is a very nice pairing.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to write the review, I don't own the Hulk cable just the stock cable but it sounds interesting too.

I'm really happy to help everyone interested in them! :)

Feb 12, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #22,305 of 35,970
Beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back