The Audio Lounge
Oct 17, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #20,926 of 35,985
Oct 17, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #20,928 of 35,985
I just got back from a conference in Florida and glad to be home. I set aside the bills and rubbish mail and went straight for the package from DHL.
Feels like Christmas in October.
The Oriveti OH500:
upload_2019-10-17_15-53-33.png

upload_2019-10-17_15-53-57.png

upload_2019-10-17_15-54-20.png

These are just a great piece. Finish is superb, no seams and very lightweight. And the color, these pictures do not come close to what they are in person. It's a dark, rich amber color. I'm in love. 4 BAs and a single DD. I liked every review I read as they all kept saying that the sound was warm and not too bright with great soundstage. They were correct. Out of the box, they sound just what I was looking for. That deep bass and fantastic staging are mesmerizing. There's enough sparkle to tease out some great detail. The stage is very wide but a little short in height. That's ok though. It's only been an hour but I am really liking what I am hearing. Can't wait to explore these more.
upload_2019-10-17_15-59-26.png

upload_2019-10-17_15-59-40.png

Packaging was great. Nice set of tips in a cool little case (foams in a little zip-bag). And that real leather case. Perfect size and awesome smell. This is how it's done folks. Cable was nice looking but can't stand those molded ear-guides. Besides, I wanted to use my other balanced 16-core cables anyway. Got another 16-core hybrid copper/silver in a cool silver/emerald color coming soon.

Testing out some songs I go to see details, harmonies and staging. REM and Erasure's harmonies are fantastic. You can hear the high and low parts simultaneously (which can be difficult for some IEMs). All three of these have a solid bass line that kicks, especially A3.

I know this was long but felt I had to share. I am a real happy guy right now.

P.S. @OldDude04 , like your choice of the Polaris. I hope it hits that same spot as the OH500 did for me...

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #20,931 of 35,985
ok rocking some talking heads, some b sides

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #20,932 of 35,985

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #20,933 of 35,985

Oct 17, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #20,934 of 35,985
I'm sitting here enjoying the BGVP ArtMagic DH3's right now, playing around with the dip switches. I have settled on 1 On, 2 off.

20191017_222607_HDR[1].jpg

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #20,935 of 35,985
Morning everyone. Here's my WOW

I also have the Liberty 2 Pro arriving today (hopefully). I find true wireless really useful and these look to be a significant upgrade on the original (which I also have). Only downisde is between these two and my Eoz Airs it looks like I really need to sell at least on of my pairs. Could do with selling of a load of my old Trinity gear I don't use anymore too. Either that or I know what everyone in my family is getting for Xmas this year.

I really wanna hear about the liberty 2 pro! Finally a dual driver rig in tw buds

Oct 17, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #20,936 of 35,985
Morning everyone. Here's my WOW

I also have the Liberty 2 Pro arriving today (hopefully). I find true wireless really useful and these look to be a significant upgrade on the original (which I also have). Only downisde is between these two and my Eoz Airs it looks like I really need to sell at least on of my pairs. Could do with selling of a load of my old Trinity gear I don't use anymore too. Either that or I know what everyone in my family is getting for Xmas this year.

I wasn't a fan of the ergonomics of the first Liberty+, which I gifted to my friend for use during his workouts. I also had the EOZ Airs and the hooks ended up being a bit more bothersome with my glasses than I had hoped, so I gave that to my dad and he's been pretty happily using them. I'm currently using the Mezone B6 and while they are the best I've used so far ergonomically, they have a weird driver flex issue on certain bass kicks. They sound fine like 90% of the time, it's just on particular bass kicks in some tracks where there's this flex causing distortion. I decided not to get the Liberty 2 Pro because I'm not liking that style of shell shape. I'm just too stuck in my ways of preferring something that more resembles a universal IEM shell :p

Speaking of which, why has virtually no one done a wireless IEM that is housing that shape of shell? If someone can pack 6+ BA drivers into that type of shape, why can't someone instead put a dynamic or 2BA setup into one of those shells with the PCB and battery? This is one of the few things that where TAE made something conceptually great and although they failed, no one else has tried doing. It's honestly what made me lament the inadequacy of the TAE Air so much; it actually was a shell that could totally have been designed to be wired with a higher driver count, but was instead used for a single driver and wireless electronics. For the short spurts when it worked, it sounded great for something wireless.

Anyone else know of a wireless IEM using a shell that looks like it could've been designed as a wired universal-custom style IEM? Bragi was the closest that I've personally looked at/experienced; too bad their audio fidelity was garbage.

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #20,937 of 35,985
Oct 18, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #20,938 of 35,985
@Richsvt Those look gorgeous, really liking that colour.

Initial impressions of the Liberty 2 are a possible improvement over the sound of the original, they have very punchy bass but the mids are very recessed with the highs coming straight to the fore again. These are very V shaped. They have a fancy app to go with it which I haven't tried yet, supposed to test your hearing and adjust the sound accordingly, will try that sometime this weekend and I'll certainly look at equalizing to see if I can pull the mids forward a bit more.

Personally I find they fit my ears a bit better than the originals, could never get number one to lock in fully, however could still get it to stay in with the right tips. These hook straight in no issues. Going to give them more of a listen today at work and give the claimed 8 hour battery life a good test, if they manage that they'll be kept.

@Midgetguy I also wear glasses but find I don't have huge issues with the arms and the hooks on the Eoz could be that the arms on my glasses are slightly thinner (or I have massive ears!). Going to keep them as they are very good for when I'm out running and I like the sound enough, will be looking to sell the original Liberty + though as I don't think I need three pairs (4 if you count my Phantom Air, but then who's counting that?)

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #20,939 of 35,985
Not WOW, but been listening to this a lot lately.
Really impressed with the changeable vocals.
On this album, following a rather painful divorce, Jewel said she wanted to get back to her original self and the style of music from her debut album.

Ok, one more for the WOW. Can't let this gem pass by un-lauded!
Somewhat bizarrely, the first time I heard this song was in a rather amusing Korean romantic comedy film called 'Windstruck' :)

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #20,940 of 35,985
@Richsvt Those look gorgeous, really liking that colour.

Initial impressions of the Liberty 2 are a possible improvement over the sound of the original, they have very punchy bass but the mids are very recessed with the highs coming straight to the fore again. These are very V shaped. They have a fancy app to go with it which I haven't tried yet, supposed to test your hearing and adjust the sound accordingly, will try that sometime this weekend and I'll certainly look at equalizing to see if I can pull the mids forward a bit more.

Personally I find they fit my ears a bit better than the originals, could never get number one to lock in fully, however could still get it to stay in with the right tips. These hook straight in no issues. Going to give them more of a listen today at work and give the claimed 8 hour battery life a good test, if they manage that they'll be kept.

@Midgetguy I also wear glasses but find I don't have huge issues with the arms and the hooks on the Eoz could be that the arms on my glasses are slightly thinner (or I have massive ears!). Going to keep them as they are very good for when I'm out running and I like the sound enough, will be looking to sell the original Liberty + though as I don't think I need three pairs (4 if you count my Phantom Air, but then who's counting that?)
Part of my problem with the Liberty+ was that it really stuck out of my ears quite a lot. And that large button was kinda easy to push, which had its upsides and downsides; didn't have to jam it into my ear to push the button, but it also was easily pressed just by the pressure of having a beanie on over my ears. The overall size wasn't great for my ears because they're just a bit too large so it would get uncomfortable after an hour or two. With all that said, I far prefer physical control buttons rather than touch interface; physical buttons with a tactile feel are just better especially when it comes to something you can't see your interaction with. Bragi Headphone, still the best control interface in a wireless IEM that I've tried.

If I counted the Phantom Air, I'd have 4 pairs of wireless IEMs as well.....2 of which are the Airs :p. BTW, does the Liberty 2 Pro have a transparency mode? The Liberty+ had it, but it was utter trash. The system on the Bragi Headphone was lightyears ahead, it sounded almost like you didn't have them in. And despite having a mic, I'm pretty sure it's not a feature on the Mezone B6 I'm currently using most often.

I'm expecting them to either hit or get pretty close the 8-hour per charge that they're advertising. I think the Liberty+ met the 3-4 hour time they claimed? My Mezone B6 claims 8 hours and while it doesn't meet that, I had it hit 7 hours which is more than I'd generally need it for. I don't know if it would be able to hit the 8-hour claim if I was using BT5.0 since I don't have any devices that do it. BT5.0 is supposed to be more power-efficient so maybe if I had it, then it could hit the claimed 8 hours. Doesn't matter all that much to me, I put it back in the case when I'm not using them and the case keeps it charged anyway. Other than that first time I tried to test battery life, I've never had them going for more than 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back