The Audio Lounge
Jul 17, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #19,096 of 36,011
Has anyone heard the

Cool man. You will have to give us some impressions when you get these.

I received my hybrid pads and they are nice. Still seeing how these stack up against my other pads.

How did the factory hybrids change the sound? So far I've tried the HM5 pleather, MrSpeakers Alpha pads, Audeze lambskin pads, and some ZMF leather pads. (I only poked holes in the HM5 pads, I'm not crazy, lol). The HM5 took away a little bit of bass, brought up the mids, and opened the stage just a little. The other 3 are angled and killed the bass more than the HM5s did. The Alphas even made the headphone seem slightly bright which I didn't think was possible. The best sound I got from all of them was when I smooshed the Alphas down to make them essentially a flat pad. The bass returned but kept the mids and highs. Obviously I'm not going to constantly smash the headphones into my head all the time, lol, so for now, I'm using the HM5 pads. I guess what I need is a flat pad made of some good quality leather with a larger ear opening than the stock ones to get the sound I want. ZMF Universe pads are lambskin and almost flat, and Brainwavz makes a flat HM5 in sheepskin.

Jul 17, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #19,097 of 36,011
How did the factory hybrids change the sound? So far I've tried the HM5 pleather, MrSpeakers Alpha pads, Audeze lambskin pads, and some ZMF leather pads. (I only poked holes in the HM5 pads, I'm not crazy, lol). The HM5 took away a little bit of bass, brought up the mids, and opened the stage just a little. The other 3 are angled and killed the bass more than the HM5s did. The Alphas even made the headphone seem slightly bright which I didn't think was possible. The best sound I got from all of them was when I smooshed the Alphas down to make them essentially a flat pad. The bass returned but kept the mids and highs. Obviously I'm not going to constantly smash the headphones into my head all the time, lol, so for now, I'm using the HM5 pads. I guess what I need is a flat pad made of some good quality leather with a larger ear opening than the stock ones to get the sound I want. ZMF Universe pads are lambskin and almost flat, and Brainwavz makes a flat HM5 in sheepskin.
Where did the first line in your quote come from? Weird it's not in my post....

Anyway, the hybrids seem to have focused the sound more. I need to spend some more time critical listening to be sure though.

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #19,098 of 36,011
Where did the first line in your quote come from? Weird it's not in my post....

Anyway, the hybrids seem to have focused the sound more. I need to spend some more time critical listening to be sure though.

It is still in your post, lol. Are you digging the Carbons or are they not your style?

123.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #19,100 of 36,011
Johnny Clegg passed yesterday night. Too many songs I like of him, much integrity and a life long fight for equal rights. Let’s salute his work, both as an artist as as a human being with his heart in the right place...

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #19,101 of 36,011
Johnny Clegg passed yesterday night. Too many songs I like of him, much integrity and a life long fight for equal rights. Let’s salute his work, both as an artist as as a human being with his heart in the right place...

Yes, a real bummer. Cruel, Crazy Beautiful World is one of my favorite World Music albums:cry: R.I.P. Mr. Clegg

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #19,103 of 36,011

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #19,104 of 36,011
WOW: 19

Jul 17, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #19,106 of 36,011

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #19,110 of 36,011
Killer price @jerick70 , I already have two. One in my car console with red ZS6's:grin: I like that they posted it with ZS10 Pros:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I know that combo really upped my iPhone 6's game by a long shot plus the ES100's mic is the best BT mic I've ever used/had.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back