The Audio Lounge
Jul 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #18,856 of 35,690
Miss Panda when she gets her new foam roller today........................

giphy.gif

Oh, I was planning to use it in the house. Oops.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #18,857 of 35,690
Oh, I was planning to use it in the house. Oops.

Use it everywhere. In the house, out of the house, in the car, on the street, in a bus, in a taxi, on a snail, in a pail....

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #18,858 of 35,690
I couldn't resist the Carbons and purchased a pair for even a better price. These are very touchy with cable and ear pad pairing. These are even touchy if the ear pad has a little space between the ear cup and the pad. I thought my pair has a problem because one side was louder than the other and it was because the ear pad wasn't inserted all the way.

IMG_20190712_113141.jpg

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #18,859 of 35,690
I couldn't resist the Carbons and purchased a pair for even a better price. These are very touchy with cable and ear pad pairing. These are even touchy if the ear pad has a little space between the ear cup and the pad. I thought my pair has a problem because one side was louder than the other and it was because the ear pad wasn't inserted all the way.

I see that Sendy cable idea worked :p . And yes, they need the seal for sure. I ended up using the leather pads cuz more basses, lol. For the money, they are a killer pair.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #18,860 of 35,690

That is strange about the pads. Are they not the stock pads? The stock ones are ear shaped and conform perfectly to the rings.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:01 PM Post #18,861 of 35,690
I see that Sendy cable idea worked :p . And yes, they need the seal for sure. I ended up using the leather pads cuz more basses, lol. For the money, they are a killer pair.

I think I'd prefer leather on mine. Can I ask where you got your leather pads? Digging listening to the Shins with them as I type!

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #18,862 of 35,690
Trying out all of the options and still burning in. The Sendy cable is pretty good with it. I want to pickup some of the mmcx to mono 3.5 adapters that you found. Can you post a link to the adapters. I'm not going to give any impressions until these are burnt in and I have some more experience with these.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #18,863 of 35,690
That is strange about the pads. Are they not the stock pads? The stock ones are ear shaped and conform perfectly to the rings.
These are stock. The tab wasn't pushed all the way in when I change the leather for the plush pads. I've never had that happen with pads with that much of a differences. It was so bad I thought one of the drivers were blown.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #18,864 of 35,690
I think I'd prefer leather on mine. Can I ask where you got your leather pads? Digging listening to the Shins with them as I type!

The Nighthawk Carbons come with both the leather and suede pads. (They may be protein leather). You can buy some HERE if you need a set.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #18,865 of 35,690
Trying out all of the options and still burning in. The Sendy cable is pretty good with it. I want to pickup some of the mmcx to mono 3.5 adapters that you found. Can you post a link to the adapters. I'm not going to give any impressions until these are burnt in and I have some more experience with these.

Sure thing homie, HERE is the link to the adapters. As for pads, I'm going to be taking the mounting ring out of the pair I'm not using and doing some pad rolling and see if I like some other leather or vegan options I have sitting around better than stocks.

Jul 12, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #18,866 of 35,690
Sure thing homie, HERE is the link to the adapters. As for pads, I'm going to be taking the mounting ring out of the pair I'm not using and doing some pad rolling and see if I like some other leather or vegan options I have sitting around better than stocks.
These are Lunashops. You can get these for $2 and some change less on Lunashops' site.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #18,868 of 35,690

The general consensus in the NH thread has been that nothing suits them as well as stock.. with the original hybrids being highly sought after... but now impossible to find. Everyone was panicking and buying up spares. They will be so sad when a few years down the road all the stuffing disintegrates due to age (not use).

I have this nightmare that one day ALL the pads on ALL of ours will need replacing all at once even though most of them will not be worn out. The foam inside will just die.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #18,869 of 35,690
The general consensus in the NH thread has been that nothing suits them as well as stock.. with the original hybrids being highly sought after... but now impossible to find. Everyone was panicking and buying up spares. They will be so sad when a few years down the road all the stuffing disintegrates due to age (not use).

I have this nightmare that one day ALL the pads on ALL of ours will need replacing all at once even though most of them will not be worn out. The foam inside will just die.

I had some cheap pads on a cheap pair of Sennheiser over ears years ago and the foam turned to an almost powder, lol. I hope your nightmare stays just that and it doesn't happen to all of your pads, lol.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #18,870 of 35,690
I had some cheap pads on a cheap pair of Sennheiser over ears years ago and the foam turned to an almost powder, lol. I hope your nightmare stays just that and it doesn't happen to all of your pads, lol.

I had that happen to a couple of things... and some old foam pillows.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back