The Audio Lounge
Jul 11, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #18,811 of 35,988
Oops wrong photo!

jpvaeo8Zptw_5Npx1Yt2lxCkSUuVPCr-i_1ECzkDSL009AQxWtV_w_mz7Qob4Gzgh3s_XDBIbNuXcw=s640-nd

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #18,812 of 35,988
The OVC tube headphones are a killer idea. Do you know when they are going to release these?

I don't have much information, currently waiting on more information from the team, they don't seem quite that keen on beeing quick, so I assume they are making the commercial version of the OVC Headphones be as good as possible :)

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #18,814 of 35,988
Oops wrong photo!

jpvaeo8Zptw_5Npx1Yt2lxCkSUuVPCr-i_1ECzkDSL009AQxWtV_w_mz7Qob4Gzgh3s_XDBIbNuXcw=s640-nd

Hey! As an admitted basshead I feel attacked here! :p

But for the record, those amongst us who like massive bass don't mock Beats for having too much bass. We mock them for being overpriced, poorly constructed, having flabby bloated bass, and forgetting that mids and highs also matter.

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #18,815 of 35,988
True not tight like th900. Err or modded la900. Took it outside for portable Hugo use, wow I love those cans. It’s not on my main rig but they are fun. Not beats flab bass veiled sound tho. I do recommend fully as a compliment to a transparent well timbered can.

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #18,816 of 35,988
in defence of beats i use dr dre detox beats for my pearl electronic kit.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #18,817 of 35,988
Stop. Just stop. You are NOT old. When I was your age I did not think I was old and I also don't think I am old now. So, STOP! LOL

Old is like 95. That is when you can say you are old.. .and be proud of it!

Old is always 20 years older than I am now.

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #18,820 of 35,988

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #18,822 of 35,988
You are never as old as you will be, never as young as you once were. But you are an accident of life which is totally meaningless in the vastness of the universe

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #18,823 of 35,988
Did you buy any of the items I allegedly facilitated? If not, then why would you want to kick a person just for helping others? Allegedly...Lol.
Maybe......maybe not......definitely tempted. I think I held my ground :grin:

Is there a bit of hostility going on here @Midgetguy ? I need to know because I'm @OldDude04 facilitator underling... :ksc75smile: I mean we're not going to have some heavy show up at our front door or anything are we? We're just trying to help our lounge brothers and sisters out....
Perhaps you might have a heavy show up at your front door.......in all likelihood to say "please sign here. enjoy your purchase" :D

Welcome to the Lounge! Enjoy your stay, but watch your wallet in here. This place tends to empty it out, lol.
I sometimes prepare for the lounge by pre-emptying my wallet. It tends to work out WAY better for me if I go to the grocery store first before coming to the Lounge rather than the other way around :joy:

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #18,824 of 35,988
Well on the subject of keep or go. I sat down and made a list of not only my head phone stuff but 2 channel gear and HT setup too. I paired everything done to what I really want and need and found I can sell almost 80% of what I have, get a new 2 channel integrated with both analog and digital inputs and HP out and be thrilled. If I sold all the excess I'd get @$1500 total for everything and by replacing my amp, DAP and getting a good closed back full size it would cost me less than $2500 additional so that's the current route I'm going. I'm keeping about 5 IEM's and no computer desk top system as I never get a chance to listen in the office much. I totally understand those who collect, it's a hobby but for me I just want a good home setup and DAP for on go period.

Anyone ever heard of Heaven 11 Audio, they are based in Montreal and I am absolutely obsessed with their integrated amp the Billie. Got everything I need except a network connection. Still trying to work around that, can stream via bluetooth but the office at home is too far away for a reliable connection(@23 feet which is on the edge of signal degrading)

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #18,825 of 35,988
Well on the subject of keep or go. I sat down and made a list of not only my head phone stuff but 2 channel gear and HT setup too. I paired everything done to what I really want and need and found I can sell almost 80% of what I have, get a new 2 channel integrated with both analog and digital inputs and HP out and be thrilled. If I sold all the excess I'd get @$1500 total for everything and by replacing my amp, DAP and getting a good closed back full size it would cost me less than $2500 additional so that's the current route I'm going. I'm keeping about 5 IEM's and no computer desk top system as I never get a chance to listen in the office much. I totally understand those who collect, it's a hobby but for me I just want a good home setup and DAP for on go period.

Anyone ever heard of Heaven 11 Audio, they are based in Montreal and I am absolutely obsessed with their integrated amp the Billie. Got everything I need except a network connection. Still trying to work around that, can stream via bluetooth but the office at home is too far away for a reliable connection(@23 feet which is on the edge of signal degrading)

GLWS and moving up to what you want/need. Pairing down the excess has been great for me, hope the same happens for you. Don't forget to post a list here of what you're selling, we have been known to buy some stuff here in The Lounge, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back