The Audio Lounge
Jul 10, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #18,781 of 35,985
There are those headphones, X5h from MAS, I made a video about :)

Also I wrote a review about the only headphone in the world at this moment which is supposed to have a Tube inside :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/07/sweet-and-juicy-ovc-vacuum-tube-headphones.html

OVC-Tube-Headphones-Lamp-NuTubes-DSP-Self-Powered-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-08.jpg

The OVC tube headphones are a killer idea. Do you know when they are going to release these?

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #18,783 of 35,985
Glad you're digging the R6Pro. I know it's several steps above the R3 (that I love). Great that you got a system that checks all your boxes. I am trying to get to a place where I don't feel I need more. Not there yet as evidenced from the M2X I just got. Maybe someday?

I had done this same quest when I was into astronomical glass. Spent huge amounts of time buying and selling. I'm down to 4 binoculars and 2 telescopes that see fair use. While I would love to get some most excellent new glass, I don't feel I 'need' to anymore. What I have works great and there's no urge to better it. I need to go there in audio gear. Problem is that there is always something faster and with some cool feature, sort of like computers. I am a gear guy second and an enthusiast first. My passions are in the doing, great gear just makes it more fun.
Each to there own my friend and my way isn't necessarily the right way, there are those that enjoy the possession and trying various setups and purchases, I suppose I'm just less of the hobbyist, I still enjoy it but for me I get fed up at times of analysing instead of listening and enjoying as the music is what bought me here.... The Hiby R6pro I'm definitely enjoying very musical dap and considering it was supposed to be a stop gap for N6ii I think I have been a bit lucky, the irony is I actually nearly bought this new in January for my birthday but due to unforseen circumstances I didn't, then Dx200 came along and I honestly prefer this to DX208 for sheer enjoyment.

Jul 11, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #18,784 of 35,985
Hey Majo, rumor has it that this is your dog spotted at one of the doggystyle beach bars on one of the Bournemouth beach strips?

5798610262_61a7b042f5_b.jpg

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #18,785 of 35,985
Hey Majo, rumor has it that this is your dog spotted at one of the doggystyle beach bars on one of the Bournemouth beach strips?

5798610262_61a7b042f5_b.jpg

Maybe 20 years ago, I'm virtually T - total nowadays... Very wild youth :smiling_imp:.. This 50 year old body don't like it anymore lol.. All I drink is water really, don't even drink coffee or tea anymore... If you told me that I would be like this 20 years ago I would have called you a fool lol.

Jul 11, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #18,787 of 35,985
I'm so impressed with my R6pro I'm considering buying an r3 just for work.
Why is the R6pro a bit big or heavy?

Likewise, I try to only drink some vino on a Saturday night, as it takes me days to recover, even after only a few glasses. Her Lightness can be a bad influence on me! :ksc75smile:

Have you decided to go to the London Canjam yet?

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #18,788 of 35,985
You lightweights. Course I’m down to 1 or 2 times a weak but fine wine,scotch,and Mary J are a mandatory minimum. Coffee still in, but beer is out. To bloaty and to much volume for the effect. Course not suggesting a lifestyle choice for anyone. Like my gear, just cause I own it, doesn’t mean anyone else should own it, however I don’t churn, for a reason....

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #18,789 of 35,985
You lightweights. Course I’m down to 1 or 2 times a weak but fine wine,scotch,and Mary J are a mandatory minimum. Coffee still in, but beer is out. To bloaty and to much volume for the effect. Course not suggesting a lifestyle choice for anyone. Like my gear, just cause I own it, doesn’t mean anyone else should own it, however I don’t churn, for a reason....
if I was as open and honest as I could be then Lightweight im definitely not!.. But there comes a time when the body says hang on mate lol... As I said wild times and too many party's.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #18,791 of 35,985
if I was as open and honest as I could be then Lightweight im definitely not!.. But there comes a time when the body says hang on mate lol... As I said wild times and too many party's.
No critique. It’s a marathon not a race.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #18,792 of 35,985
I only use it for home, my work needs something a bit more pocketable and I use a mo at the minute but the R6pro ui build is great and the R3 might be an excellent out and about/work dap.
Or perhaps why not the Ibasso DX120 which Miss Fluffy Pandy really liked, until the Panda seemingly broke it?

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #18,794 of 35,985
Have you decided to go to the London Canjam yet?
still uncertain, firstly it's a bit of a treck, secondly I am actually pretty happy with what I own so not looking for anything really, and lastly my cartilage has gone in my knee again been agony for 2 weeks and my scan isn't due again until November... It has felt not so bad over the last couple of days though, so fingers crossed and we will see.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #18,795 of 35,985
still uncertain, firstly it's a bit of a treck, secondly I am actually pretty happy with what I own so not looking for anything really, and lastly my cartilage has gone in my knee again been agony for 2 weeks and my scan isn't due again until November... It has felt not so bad over the last couple of days though, so fingers crossed and we will see.
Sorry to hear that Bro! What type of scan will they do? Have you had a physio look at it recently. Is it related to your accident or just wear and tear?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back