The Audio Lounge
Mar 10, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #13,516 of 35,964
Reading reviews, they say about 4-5 hours autonomy... So theoretically, you charge it once throughout the day. I get 6 hours out of my bluewave get, which is usually fine for me. What would have been great is if the charging case kept the 3.5mm jack available... Because same with the bluewave get, it works while plugged in, which lets me use it during the day and only use the battery while on the road

If the W5 runs for nearly twice what I calculated, then I'm wondering about their published Specs.

Mar 10, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #13,517 of 35,964
If the W5 runs for nearly twice what I calculated, then I'm wondering about their published Specs.

Well, I don't see how that can be massively wrong. Keep in mind, the Earstudio ES100 has a 350 mAh battery and lasts up to 14 hours in normal conditions. My Get has a 200 mAh battery and lasts up to 6 hours in normal conditions. Theirs lasts 4-5 hours depending on the codec and gain in normal condition... Makes sense to me. Rechargeable cases usually don't give 1 for 1 charge to a device either due to loss of transfer, so 1000 mAh on a 150 mAh battery might give it 4 charges max... So if in the best scenario imaginable, their device lasts 5 hours, case gives 4 charges, makes sense that they say 20 hours...

Obviously, we'll see how it goes once they lauch. I'm just curious about their UAT codec... If they've dethroned LDAC, that's no small feat.

Mar 11, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #13,518 of 35,964
Well, I don't see how that can be massively wrong. Keep in mind, the Earstudio ES100 has a 350 mAh battery and lasts up to 14 hours in normal conditions. My Get has a 200 mAh battery and lasts up to 6 hours in normal conditions. Theirs lasts 4-5 hours depending on the codec and gain in normal condition... Makes sense to me. Rechargeable cases usually don't give 1 for 1 charge to a device either due to loss of transfer, so 1000 mAh on a 150 mAh battery might give it 4 charges max... So if in the best scenario imaginable, their device lasts 5 hours, case gives 4 charges, makes sense that they say 20 hours...

Obviously, we'll see how it goes once they lauch. I'm just curious about their UAT codec... If they've dethroned LDAC, that's no small feat.

I'm hoping they release their UAT codec, so that it can be incorporated directly into Android BT driver, so that we don't have to use their HiBy Music Player app, in order to take advantage of the improved performance.

Mar 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #13,519 of 35,964
I'm hoping they release their UAT codec, so that it can be incorporated directly into Android BT driver, so that we don't have to use their HiBy Music Player app, in order to take advantage of the improved performance.

Here's hoping they license this to the BT initiative, I agree!

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #13,524 of 35,964
That W5 looks cool but 5 hours off wireless time is horrible. I have been spoiled by the BTR3 and ES100. Fiio is releasing the BTR4 promo in a few days. I have been addicted to these stupid litlte BT receivers/transmitters.

My thoughts exactly. I wrote in their campaign that they should really consider leaving the jack available inside the case

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #13,525 of 35,964
Musical interlude

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #13,528 of 35,964
Came across this track, while listening to AccuRadio > World Music > Jazz Drummers

"Passion Dance", from Shirazette Tinnin's album Humility: Purity of My Soul (2014)

Mar 13, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #13,529 of 35,964
Okay, taking a queue from OldDude04, moving from the old Trinity Sponsor Announcement thread to here. Just who hasn't tried Redbreast? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back