The Audio Lounge
Nov 5, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #12,166 of 35,985
Got a nice little package delivered today, inside was lovely looking shiny cable :ksc75smile:
Two things I have a weakness for, amps and shiny things lol
Only been listening for half an album but I like wat I’m hearing so far. Andro’s are on one end and the DX208Ti on the other.
I’ve been using the ALO SXC-8 with this set up and I’ve gotta say they sound very similar. So I’m going to use @majo123 cable which hasn’t got a name so I’m going to give it a name....Ernie
So I’ll use it for a week or so and then swap back to the SXC-8 and see how they compare, can’t see them being much different to be honest from what I’m hearing at the moment.
Nice cable Kev! I hope you enjoy the time you have with it.

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:14 AM Post #12,167 of 35,985
Just had a lovely pair of the Mee audio m6 pro 2nd generation arrive.
Already have the first run but has took me forever to get round to getting these.

And now here they are sat very comfortably in my ears, and dear me they are good.
Being a slightly larger shell they fit so much better, great isolation too as opposed to the 1st gen as they really didn't excel in that regard, no more though as these are fab.

As far as sound goes I never really had much of a problem with the original, precise sound for stage use, only maybe the treble was a bit on the sterile side, unnatural but passable.
However now that is now perfectly rectified with a really nice and smooth treble, really makes a big difference.
Add that to a lovely tight bass and a very natural midrange you have a winner.
These definitely are not for those wanting fun these are business all the way, critical and rather cold but I love them, even more than the 1st gen.

Excellent purchase and seriously happy to have them at last.

Nov 6, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #12,168 of 35,985
WOW (word of the week)

I just wanted to add this one before the word changes tomorrow. I have shared his music before... and that of his wife Carrie Elkin. Love them both ... together and solo.

Not a word of the week but I shared this earlier on my son Neil's Facebook page.... on this day 8 years ago he lost his battle with depression and we lost him. There is a memorial bench with his name on it in a park in Ann Arbor MI. The inscription includes the words "A kind and gentle soul. Forever in our hearts." Everyone who knew him misses him. Anyone who never knew him missed out. He was one of those people that are just so easy to be around. I wish he had found the peace he needed in this life.

Spending the day with all the what ifs. He loved music as much as I do and we went to some memorable shows together. I never minded when he played his drums in the basement. He would have loved this video. Sarah and Pink are wonderful together. It brings me to tears.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #12,169 of 35,985
WOW (word of the week)

I just wanted to add this one before the word changes tomorrow. I have shared his music before... and that of his wife Carrie Elkin. Love them both ... together and solo.

Not a word of the week but I shared this earlier on my son Neil's Facebook page.... on this day 8 years ago he lost his battle with depression and we lost him. There is a memorial bench with his name on it in a park in Ann Arbor MI. The inscription includes the words "A kind and gentle soul. Forever in our hearts." Everyone who knew him misses him. Anyone who never knew him missed out. He was one of those people that are just so easy to be around. I wish he had found the peace he needed in this life.

Spending the day with all the what ifs. He loved music as much as I do and we went to some memorable shows together. I never minded when he played his drums in the basement. He would have loved this video. Sarah and Pink are wonderful together. It brings me to tears.

I am not always good with words (especially with English not being my first language), but your son, you, and all who have been close to you two are in my thoughts. There is nothing worst than losing a child, especially in such circumstances.
For what it’s worth, I am sending you virtual hugs.

Nov 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #12,170 of 35,985
I am not always good with words (especially with English not being my first language), but your son, you, and all who have been close to you two are in my thoughts. There is nothing worst than losing a child, especially in such circumstances.
For what it’s worth, I am sending you virtual hugs.

Thank you.

Nov 7, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #12,174 of 35,985
@mbwilson111 that is a really huge loss :c
But I hope your memories of him stay with you :) thanks for sharing music too!

I feel bad posting this at the time, >___< forgive me too but I just got a BGVP DM6 IEM to replace another iem I had for only $199.99 and it's a nice affordable chi-fi to add to my iem collection. I really like it a lot, the box and iem are great! It has a lacquer acrylic case too and I choose the sapphire color. ^___^
20181107_005804.jpg

Nov 7, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #12,175 of 35,985
WOW: Monday

Nov 7, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #12,176 of 35,985

Nov 7, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #12,179 of 35,985
I just love Eva Cassidy's voice. She left us too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back