The Audio Lounge
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #331 of 36,011
Still the MJ (HP1 and MJ2) are truly excellent. I do have IEM as well ad I have been using the Master6 lately (which I like but it is not everybody's cup of tea), and I will soon go back to my Periodic Be. So happy finally I got most of my Trinity refund back. Only one order needs still refunding and then there is the AIR ... which I doubt I will ever see!

Glad to hear you got most of the cash back it is a relief , and I will definitely be picking up some mj2s ....hunter what hunter???? Lol seriously wish I had tried them but hey I wouldn't be listening to the flares.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #335 of 36,011
Still the MJ (HP1 and MJ2) are truly excellent. I do have IEM as well ad I have been using the Master6 lately (which I like but it is not everybody's cup of tea), and I will soon go back to my Periodic Be. So happy finally I got most of my Trinity refund back. Only one order needs still refunding and then there is the AIR ... which I doubt I will ever see!
Everyone knows you can't see air! It's invisible! Sorry couldn't resist. Hope you get them someday. My no Bluetooth, no mp3 rule saved me from this purchase.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #336 of 36,011
I'm sorry I have just put them upstairs on play for a moment as i cant leave them about, I have 2 cats 3 dogs (it's like noahs ark in here) and it's an iem destroy danger zone but i will give some comparison later. There not big at all it must be the angle of the picture...i have small ears and I thought they were tiny I think there about 10 mm long without tips and I dont even think 5mm wide I will check for you later.
i have been told by others fit is essential on these , I would agree but if you have small ears like me I think your going to find it a lot easier I didn't find it too hard at all after a couple of attempts.

No there not the audiophile foams there standard foam i was given the advice to try them last as most seem to think there the best and like tissue so easy to tear when changing/experimenting.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #337 of 36,011
Damn you! These weren't on my radar until you said the magic words, "sub bass".

Honestly it's astonishing I have listened to whole lotta love 4 times just to listen to that sub bass.
I do want to say I have never owned top tier iems all my purchases have been sub £500 because A money and B I break them so I won't spend more on iems possibly headphones but not iems.
So all my descriptions are based on that price and so far im more than happy with the price to performance ratio and some!
I haven't tried the Bluetooth dongle yet either wonder if it's as good as they say??? I will put it on charge and try later with the fiio.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #338 of 36,011
I'm sorry I have just put them upstairs on play for a moment as i cant leave them about, I have 2 cats 3 dogs (it's like noahs ark in here) and it's an iem destroy danger zone but i will give some comparison later. There not big at all it must be the angle of the picture...i have small ears and I thought they were tiny I think there about 10 mm long without tips and I dont even think 5mm wide I will check for you later.
i have been told by others fit is essential on these , I would agree but if you have small ears like me I think your going to find it a lot easier I didn't find it too hard at all after a couple of attempts.

No there not the audiophile foams there standard foam i was given the advice to try them last as most seem to think there the best and like tissue so easy to tear when changing/experimenting.
Don't worry about pics, your measurements are fine. The original Flare are so tiny the Comply tips dwarf them in size. Your foams look smaller so it is making the IEMs look larger, that and the wideangle lens perspective. Glad you're giving the Flares a good break in. The dogs and cats just wanna listen along.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #339 of 36,011
Just chatted up a super nice person on 64 Audio about my U6/U8 debate. She was leaning more towards the U8 being a bass head, but she said that the U6 was the more generally loved IEM they make. As for listening to them, they offered to send me a demo unit if I put a deposit and return them in the same condition I received them in. :) Overall, REALLY impressed with customer service.

She also explained the difference between the ADEL and Apex and why they parted ways with ADEL... They redesigned the original ADEL module because of wind sheer (Whenever the wind picked up, people would just hear the wind), modified it so it wouldn't lose as much bass and had more balanced pressure output. Their B-Stock is also backwards compatible with ADEL modules if ever I'm interested in trying them. Overall, all great things to read. :) I think I'm pretty much sold on the company and the tech following this chat session.

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #340 of 36,011
Just chatted up a super nice person on 64 Audio about my U6/U8 debate. She was leaning more towards the U8 being a bass head, but she said that the U6 was the more generally loved IEM they make. As for listening to them, they offered to send me a demo unit if I put a deposit and return them in the same condition I received them in. :) Overall, REALLY impressed with customer service.

She also explained the difference between the ADEL and Apex and why they parted ways with ADEL... They redesigned the original ADEL module because of wind sheer (Whenever the wind picked up, people would just hear the wind), modified it so it wouldn't lose as much bass and had more balanced pressure output. Their B-Stock is also backwards compatible with ADEL modules if ever I'm interested in trying them. Overall, all great things to read. :) I think I'm pretty much sold on the company and the tech following this chat session.

Well that sounds positive, schiit offered to send me 2 amps to try as well..great customer service , are you going to take them up on the offer and try both?

Also I have just browsed the trinity thread omg is that getting ugly ..i thought it was ugly before I bailed but wow! Not good .

Jul 28, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #341 of 36,011
Well that sounds positive, schiit offered to send me 2 amps to try as well..great customer service , are you going to take them up on the offer and try both?

Also I have just browsed the trinity thread omg is that getting ugly ..i thought it was ugly before I bailed but wow! Not good .

I'll take them up on their offer only when I'm certain I'll be able to get refunded for the PM6 and hunter... Otherwise, I won't have the funds. :\

Jul 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #343 of 36,011

I was sold on them when I went to their booth a couple years ago haha. Great service, great products. Super awesome that they are cool with sending you a demo unit; that kinda thing really helps with deciding what you want.

Coincidentally, I emailed them asking if I could buy one of their standard cables, but without memory wire. I started this process on Wednesday and got confirmation that it could be done and payment invoice yesterday at which point I made my payment through PayPal and then asked about the expected wait time. This morning, I received a reply confirming that they received the payment and were packaging it up. Expected delivery: Monday. A minute before this reply was a shipping label confirmation from USPS sent by request from 64Audio with a tracking number (which obviously didn't have actual tracking info yet since they're posting the package today. Stellar service.

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #344 of 36,011
So I’m officially out of the Trinity race and awaiting refund on Icarus IV. On the way are some Audio-Technica ATH-E70, for which I’m looking for an aftermarket cable. The A2DC connectors are proprietary so it makes it a bit tougher...

Does anyone know of an affordable cable company that either produces a2dc cables or is able to make them bespoke? So far it looks like my best bets are Nocturnal Audio, Toxic Cables, or the Chinese LunaShops cables on Ebay (which would take forever to ship).

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #345 of 36,011
So I’m officially out of the Trinity race and awaiting refund on Icarus IV. On the way are some Audio-Technica ATH-E70, for which I’m looking for an aftermarket cable. The A2DC connectors are proprietary so it makes it a bit tougher...

Does anyone know of an affordable cable company that either produces a2dc cables or is able to make them bespoke? So far it looks like my best bets are Nocturnal Audio, Toxic Cables, or the Chinese LunaShops cables on Ebay (which would take forever to ship).
Where are you located? Because if, for example, you're in the US like me, maybe the wait from Chinese delivery would be worth the tradeoff in pricing. For example, besides costing more than the Chinese counterparts, Nocturnal Audio has a lead time of about 4 weeks (according to their website) and I've gotten my items delivered from China in about 2-3 weeks in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back