The Audio Lounge
Jul 19, 2017 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35,691

OldDude04

Headphoneus Supremus
AudioLounge2.png

Welcome to the Audio Lounge!

A thread to discuss any and all things audio related. Your newest purchase to an old favorite, disappointments to exciting finds, name brands to never heard of them before. Enjoy your stay.

Thread Rules:

1. Don't be an asshat
2. Have fun
3. Protect your wallet/purse at all times, we enable at will
4. If ever in doubt, please refer to Rule 1

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 35,691
Holy cow, do they all work? I just ordered the ZS5, very curious about them

Oh, those aren't mine, lol. I just grabbed a random image from the web with a bunch of IEMs for the thread's original post. My wife would divorce me and take half of them if I spent that kinda money on IEMs, lol.

I'm also becoming interested in the KZ iem line due to the love they have been getting in the trinity thread. Seem to be punching outside their price point.

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 35,691
I think this is a great idea. I lurk way more than I post and have been able to learn so much from such a wide variety of people. I have two pairs in mind: the Kinera H3 and the upcoming Fiio F9. When I saw that the shell was (loosely) based on the Nautilus I was hooked. My home system is a pair of Minipods with the bass station run through a Triode tube amp. (TRV-35SE) Triode is a small company that makes handmade amps. Fantastic airy sound. Loved the sound for ambient and electronic music since I heard the real ones that were made by the Blue Room label back in 1995? here is a link for more info https://www.podspeakers.com/
I wonder what they can do with a similar shell design in the world of IEMs?
Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #9 of 35,691
Does the subject of the thread extand to earbuds? I neglected them for years up until recently, when I ordered a pair of Zen 2.
I really love my IEMs, but in an appropriate environment, earbuds can be outstanding too!

Yup, it sure does. I'll even edit the thread title and body to reflect it.

Jul 19, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #10 of 35,691
I think this is a great idea. I lurk way more than I post and have been able to learn so much from such a wide variety of people. I have two pairs in mind: the Kinera H3 and the upcoming Fiio F9. When I saw that the shell was (loosely) based on the Nautilus I was hooked. My home system is a pair of Minipods with the bass station run through a Triode tube amp. (TRV-35SE) Triode is a small company that makes handmade amps. Fantastic airy sound. Loved the sound for ambient and electronic music since I heard the real ones that were made by the Blue Room label back in 1995? here is a link for more info https://www.podspeakers.com/
I wonder what they can do with a similar shell design in the world of IEMs?
Thanks for listening.

I was also looking at the FiiO F9 because of the physical and acoustical crossover. I like a good bit of bass from my IEM's, but I don't want it to muddy up my other frequencies.

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #11 of 35,691
Ordered the KZ ZS5 a few days before from gearbest, without upgrade cable. Now the changed the offer from only grey and blue to grey, blue, frost and cloudy colour and lowered the price to 18,99$. Frost and cloudy are with mic and costs 24.99$. I think the price is really good.
Someone ordered the upgrade cable? Is it worth to order?

The FiiO F9 is another interesting IEM, Hybrid 3 way and I like the design of the shell, maybe my next to order...

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #12 of 35,691
Great idea for a thread. Thanks for setting it up OldDude04. Should be a happier place than where we all came from. Used to listen to IEMs more than I do now. Mostly use IEMs for portable use when out and about. Find some IEMs isolate more than others. Anyone have a relatively affordable IEM that does a great job cutting outside noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back