The Audio Lounge
Nov 3, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #12,142 of 35,964
I’m listening now to his latest album (Please Don’t Be Dead) DX200Ti/Amp8/Andro’s and all I can say is, get the album.....Awesomeness :L3000::L3000::L3000:

I just ordered "Please Don't Be Dead" and "The Last Days Of Oakland" CD's from Amazon for $10 each. Looking forward to Monday night. Thanks for the heads up on this guy.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #12,144 of 35,964
great stuff...love his voice

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #12,145 of 35,964
Fantastic Negrito is a man's truth told in the form of black roots music. Each song the true story of a musician from Oakland who experienced the highs of a million dollar record deal, the lows of a near fatal car accident that put him in a coma, and is now in the phase of rebirth despite his playing hand being mangled. Negrito's music emphasizes rawness and space. Slide guitar, drums, piano. Rather than update the Delta Blues, Fantastic Negrito leaves the original sounds of Lead Belly and Skip James intact, building bridges to a modern sound with loops and samples of his own live instruments. But the primary element that drives Fantastic Negrito's music is uncut realness and zero concern for "pop" anything.

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #12,147 of 35,964
Still love this

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #12,148 of 35,964
We can be very accommodating over here don’t you know old chap, I’m sure we could fit you in somewhere :grin:
If all goes well next year, we will be moving out of London and hopefully getting somewhere with a bit more space.
With a bit of luck my son will be (more like I will be) will be starting to build a studio, so no need for the garage as we will both have a legitimate reason or dare I say, need for some kick arse monitors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.harbeth.co.uk/studio-monitor/21/Harbeth-Monitor-40.2-Pro-loudspeaker
I may have to take you up on your offer. I'm planning a trip in a few years to Europe and the UK.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back