The Audio Lounge
Apr 6, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #5,896 of 35,962
but they did indeed repair my AP200 and send it back.

I have not seen you in the AP200 thread in a long time... did not know that the problem was eventually sorted. I love mine. Supposed to get another firmware update soon.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #5,897 of 35,962
I have not seen you in the AP200 thread in a long time... did not know that the problem was eventually sorted. I love mine. Supposed to get another firmware update soon.

It took a while in shipping both to and from HK, but I got mine back about 2 or 3 weeks ago and its quite a good little piece of gear. Sound is great, power could be a bit more (Trinity IEMs are power hungry), but all in all, worth the wait.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #5,898 of 35,962
I feel I have been fortunate that I have not had to deal with serious issues from vendors as of late. Can't remember when the last time I got forked. Hope my luck doesn't run out...

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #5,899 of 35,962
I'm glad they are getting the cable out to you and that they communicate well. I had a real problem with Hidizs after dealing with Trinity, thought that they were giving me the runaround about my battery issues. I had zero faith and was almost confrontational, but they did indeed repair my AP200 and send it back. The experience we all had with Trinity really did skew our thought process.

I almost jumped onboard for the Hidiz back in the day... Looked like the only DAP that fit my needs... I have a real problem with connected Android DAPs in general due to security issues. It makes Bluetooth and wifi completely useless, as they become attack vectors. So you can't use it for anything else save music. The minute you put personal info on there, the device is a sitting duck.

I got my M1060C's last night... Listened to them for about 5 minutes. I was surprised about the fact that the V30 detects it as a normal device... It truly is a 32 ohm. It needs amplification, as I find the sound didn't punch to my liking in that short listening session. I don't see what people were saying about the bass either, I feel it's massively underpowered. :\ I'll have to fiddle around with it further.

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #5,900 of 35,962
I almost jumped onboard for the Hidiz back in the day... Looked like the only DAP that fit my needs... I have a real problem with connected Android DAPs in general due to security issues. It makes Bluetooth and wifi completely useless, as they become attack vectors. So you can't use it for anything else save music. The minute you put personal info on there, the device is a sitting duck.

I got my M1060C's last night... Listened to them for about 5 minutes. I was surprised about the fact that the V30 detects it as a normal device... It truly is a 32 ohm. It needs amplification, as I find the sound didn't punch to my liking in that short listening session. I don't see what people were saying about the bass either, I feel it's massively underpowered. :\ I'll have to fiddle around with it further.

You got to throw some juice at the M1060 and M1060c in my experience to get that bass. I use my Project Polaris amp on high gain which is about 2.4W a channel for the M1060 and 1.8W a channel for the M1060c. Of the 2 though, I like the bass of the original over the C. The C has more impact but the originals go deeper and can handle much more EQ.

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #5,903 of 35,962
Let's face it most of us subscribed to this thread are trinity vets ...could it ever get worse? Lol

It kinda is the case, trinity brought us together...

I've been seeing you in the N5ii thread! I've kinda given up on it, extremely interested with the DX150 due to the SQ, and opamps.

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #5,904 of 35,962
Man, I hate being lied to. Empire Ears told me last week my cable was shipped... I asked them for a tracking 2 days ago, as I didn't get one. They sent me a shipping notice this morning... Label created, but package not picked up. damn.
What cable did you order?
I've seen a cable on their website in the accessories section for just $50. I was considering it for my Katana as a cheap one to use until I can get something better.
However, there's no tech specs or anything and no one on the EE forum has been able to authoritatively confirm what it's made of and how it might affect the signature :frowning2:

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #5,905 of 35,962
It kinda is the case, trinity brought us together...

I've been seeing you in the N5ii thread! I've kinda given up on it, extremely interested with the DX150 due to the SQ, and opamps.

Yeah it's a shame with the n5ii with the bugs that are going on...especially after reading pinkys opus1s review , he places it in the middle of opus1 and and 1s as in warmth and detail i.e the new opus1s sounds a bit too warm and not as detailed as the original ..the n5ii is getting good praise for sound but I just couldn't live with a freezing bug every so often ....i do want to point out to any reading this it's a very small minority but I will wait until firmware is fixed .

Edit...i should have said for "my tastes" a bit to warm and not as detailed in the opus1s.
I still love my oppy1 ..definitely the best dap I have owned for me.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #5,907 of 35,962
I looked at the Opus #1s, N5ii and DX150 but have been really happy with the X5iii so saw no need to spend extra money. Oh wait, I just spent extra money on the Comet, dammit...

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #5,909 of 35,962
Has anyone else looked at the new shanling MO? Realy intrigued by this little unit ,first of all how small it is! It would be a great transport for mojo and only 99 dollars , I'm just waiting to see if they incorporate there own app to control from phone as they are not using hiby link anymore but have hinted on there own app.
This little thing would make mojo truly pocketable without the expense of poly.
If they make the app and it gets good reviews as a transport I will definitely get one .

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #5,910 of 35,962
I've had my eye on that too. Was waiting to see how the interface worked. There are no external buttons, it is controlled through the touch screen. That means when in my pocket, I've have to turn it on and look at what I doing...I'll have to wait to read reviews. Love the size though. The FW is their own so not sure how worked out it will be out of the gate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back