The Audio Lounge
Jan 20, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #22,021 of 36,014
and I need more bass.

MOAR bass! I totally get where you're coming from, haha.
If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend checking out the EE Nemesis (even better with an Ares II+ or better cable).
It, for me, is the Mac Daddy of all audiophile bass-cannons. I even chose it over the Legend X :)

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #22,022 of 36,014
MOAR bass! I totally get where you're coming from, haha.
If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend checking out the EE Nemesis (even better with an Ares II+ or better cable).
It, for me, is the Mac Daddy of all audiophile bass-cannons. I even chose it over the Legend X :)

Right now I'm digging on my Hyla TE-5B (B is for BASS!! lol.) They hit extremely hard but clean as well. And the mids and highs are the best I've heard. But, when I get the itch again to check something new out, the Nemesis is at the top now thanks.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #22,023 of 36,014
Right now I'm digging on my Hyla TE-5B (B is for BASS!! lol.) They hit extremely hard but clean as well. And the mids and highs are the best I've heard. But, when I get the itch again to check something new out, the Nemesis is at the top now thanks.
MOAR POWER!!!!!! MOAR BASS!!!!!!! LOL! You need to get into speakers. Headphones just don't have the bass like speakers. I used to have an SVS sub that would rock your world. My wife made me sell it because it would shake my entire 4200 sq ft house. It was wicked. She hated it. :D

One Subwoofer to Rule Them All.SVS Obliterates Expectations. Nothing Else Comes Close.

https://www.svsound.com/collections/16-ultra-series

You could just strap 2 of the SVS Ultra 16s to a headphone frame and you would be set.

download (1).jpeg

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #22,024 of 36,014
MOAR POWER!!!!!! MOAR BASS!!!!!!! LOL! You need to get into speakers. Headphones just don't have the bass like speakers. I used to have an SVS sub that would rock your world. My wife made me sell it because it would shake my entire 4200 sq ft house. It was wicked. She hated it. :D

One Subwoofer to Rule Them All.SVS Obliterates Expectations. Nothing Else Comes Close.

https://www.svsound.com/collections/16-ultra-series

You could just strap 2 of the SVS Ultra 16s to a headphone frame and you would be set.

LOL, I do like the bass. A side effect of my car audio days. I used to be into speakers a bit but when we had babies I was relegated to headphones. Maybe in 10 years when the oldest has gone to college I'll get a house shaker setup. For now I have a 7.1 setup in the TV room and sound bars elsewhere.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #22,025 of 36,014
LOL, I do like the bass. A side effect of my car audio days. I used to be into speakers a bit but when we had babies I was relegated to headphones. Maybe in 10 years when the oldest has gone to college I'll get a house shaker setup. For now I have a 7.1 setup in the TV room and sound bars elsewhere.
My two boys loved the sub. They would tell me to turn it up so it would shake the whole house. The neighbors never said anything thank goodness. I wanted 4 subs in my setup but I had to think of my wife.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #22,026 of 36,014

My two boys loved the sub. They would tell me to turn it up so it would shake the whole house. The neighbors never said anything thank goodness. I wanted 4 subs in my setup but I had to think of my wife.

Sometimes, when the upstairs neighbor seems to be practicing "knocking furniture over" or "dropping heavy things", I get the urge to hook up my speakers and subwoofer, and listen to things out-LOUD, instead of using my earphone / headphones.
I also think about getting some furniture/wall shakers, to screw into the ceiling, and hooking up my old NAD 2100 amp. :ksc75smile:

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #22,027 of 36,014
Sometimes, when the upstairs neighbor seems to be practicing "knocking furniture over" or "dropping heavy things", I get the urge to hook up my speakers and subwoofer, and listen to things out-LOUD, instead of using my earphone / headphones.
I also think about getting some furniture/wall shakers, to screw into the ceiling, and hooking up my old NAD 2100 amp. :ksc75smile:
Fortunately I don't live in a condo or apartment. My neighbors would hate me...

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #22,028 of 36,014
Jan 20, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #22,029 of 36,014
My night is somewhat called for. Got the 160 and it all set up and started listening. So far wonderful sounds. More to come...
upload_2020-1-20_19-34-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-20_19-34-7.png
    upload_2020-1-20_19-34-7.png
    362.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #22,030 of 36,014
I just took the the jump into tws earbuds. Found a couple screaming deals on fleabay for a set of jabra 65t’s for gym use and a pair of Sony wf-1000xm3 for the office and for when I have to travel as they have active noise canceling. Sony’s require a good seal but when I found the right tips man do they sound good. I think I’m going to like not having to deal with a cable when at the office or the gym. SQ is still not up to par with a good set of cabled iem’s but the Sony’s are starting to get to mid tier level. Maybe new toy syndrome so more time is needed to soak in the experience. As for call quality the jabra’s are the ones. The Sony’s are good but not at the same level as the jabra’s.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #22,031 of 36,014
My night is somewhat called for. Got the 160 and it all set up and started listening. So far wonderful sounds. More to come...

Enjoy it , my go to . ...couple of battery life tips , turn screen resolution down in settings (really dont make much difference) and lower brightness.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #22,032 of 36,014
Heh, I was listening to that exact same song on my DX160 the other day, great tune :)

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #22,033 of 36,014
I've had all 3. If you are a big fan of bass, they all aren't the best for that. The P1 almost lacks it entirely. If you're a neutral fan, the Cupids are the best of the three but they take a minute to get used to the crossover's sound. Once you do they are pretty good. I sold mine for fitment and I need more bass. The tapes just didn't do it for me, they seemed to lack any soul. YMMV of course, but that's my take on these three.
Thanks @OldDude04 . You've HAD all 3. Doesn't sound too promising that none have stayed around. What did you find strange about the Cupid's crossover? Thanks.

Jan 21, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #22,034 of 36,014
Thanks @OldDude04 . You've HAD all 3. Doesn't sound too promising that none have stayed around. What did you find strange about the Cupid's crossover? Thanks.

Lol, yeah, I guess that says a bit. With the Cupid, it was as if the mids were both recessed and shouty, which seems crazy, lol. Like most of the mids are recessed but there seems to be a spike at the top end of the mids/low end of the treble that brings in the shouty sound. But, your brain does burn into that. Also, I've read that others have found the Cupid to be a bass emphasized IEM, either mine were broken rendering my opinion on them moot, or the others don't like bass, lol. I can't be sure which.

EDIT: I just found this FR graph and it shows the spike I was referring to clear as day.
Cupid-S3.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #22,035 of 36,014
Lol, yeah, I guess that says a bit. With the Cupid, it was as if the mids were both recessed and shouty, which seems crazy, lol. Like most of the mids are recessed but there seems to be a spike at the top end of the mids/low end of the treble that brings in the shouty sound. But, your brain does burn into that. Also, I've read that others have found the Cupid to be a bass emphasized IEM, either mine were broken rendering my opinion on them moot, or the others don't like bass, lol. I can't be sure which.

EDIT: I just found this FR graph and it shows the spike I was referring to clear as day.
That peak could be problematical for me. I prefer smooth mids & highs. Perhaps a filter could be added to the nozzle. Though I'm not too excited about buying IEMs that have to be fixed to match my preferences. One other thing, do they have at least average sound isolation? Work can be noisey. Still soldiering on with the Trinity Atlas in balanced mode. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back