The Audio Lounge
Dec 4, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #21,557 of 35,994
Hope they take care of you. I’ve never dealt with alo customer service. Please let us know how it goes.

Have to say, ALO customer service is excellent. Got my cable order on Saturday, noticed two items were missing (duplicates, annoying but easy to miss on a manual packing basis I imagine). Emailed them with a quick explanation and pics of what was sent over the weekend and got an email back on Monday evening (UK time) apologising for the mix-up and promising to sort me out, but asking me to be patient as they had a ton of Black Friday orders going through. Got another shipping notification this morning (so went through last night their time) and missing items will be with me tomorrow.

Initial experience wasn't perfect, but mistakes happen and I always judge a firm on how they sort them out. In this case, can't fault how quickly they responded, or how quick they got the missing items out in the mail (costing then additional FedEx rush shipping).

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #21,558 of 35,994
Have to say, ALO customer service is excellent. Got my cable order on Saturday, noticed two items were missing (duplicates, annoying but easy to miss on a manual packing basis I imagine). Emailed them with a quick explanation and pics of what was sent over the weekend and got an email back on Monday evening (UK time) apologising for the mix-up and promising to sort me out, but asking me to be patient as they had a ton of Black Friday orders going through. Got another shipping notification this morning (so went through last night their time) and missing items will be with me tomorrow.

Initial experience wasn't perfect, but mistakes happen and I always judge a firm on how they sort them out. In this case, can't fault how quickly they responded, or how quick they got the missing items out in the mail (costing then additional FedEx rush shipping).

That is solid info. I never judge a company on normal mistakes, they happen. I judge them on how they respond to and deal with those mistakes, and it sounds like ALO is quite good.

Dec 4, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #21,559 of 35,994
WOW: Moon

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #21,561 of 35,994
20191204_150500.jpg
Yeah they are nice cables and to be honest I think they are more comfortable and sound better than the chunkier ones, maybe because the andro are quite sensitive and obviously they are tuned with this gauge wire in mind...ALO were quick to respond and just waiting on response due to time difference.

Dec 4, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #21,562 of 35,994
I picked up a Ref 8 2 pin to 4.4 but am seriously thinking of getting another or a Gold16. Question to Gold 16 user's Want to pair it with my EE Spartan 4 BA, not a warm IEM more neutral/analytical. Any impressions as I assume gold will be warmer hence fitting this IEM to make it a bit mor of a fun signature.

Well appears all the cables on the ALO Deal are now gone so above is a moot point.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #21,566 of 35,994
WOW - Moon:

First up, a classic :)

Next, a sweet and wistful song that I've always liked:

Finally, one of my all-time favourite tracks, that I've often used for critical listening too :)

Hope you all enjoy :)

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #21,569 of 35,994
To those who got the R3 Pro, how's it been working? I heard about some weird issues with BT and sleep. Maybe just some flukes? Curious to hear your impressions now that it has been a little bit...

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #21,570 of 35,994
To those who got the R3 Pro, how's it been working? I heard about some weird issues with BT and sleep. Maybe just some flukes? Curious to hear your impressions now that it has been a little bit...

Maybe a fluke or I'm lucky but I've had zero issues (nervously knocks on wood, lol). I've connected it via BT to our shower speaker, our sound bar, my car, and a BT speaker in the garage, no problems so far. I haven't had any issues with it sleeping either but I'm pretty good with shutting it down when I'm done so I can't say I've put that under a stress test. I'm loving the R3 Pro. It is the right form factor for my DAP use, sounds a bit better than the R3 which I already loved, and a solid value for a $200 DAP imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back