1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. majo123
    To be honest I haven't used it much the zishan is taking up my time at the moment... but I nearly blew up a pair of p1 with the Hiby R6 Pro accidently hitting the on screen volume.

Light - Man and DBaldock9 like this.
  2. mbwilson111
    I am confused. I need to see a photo of someone actually sitting on the back of that. I see no barely-passable seat.

That is awesome... LOL.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  3. mbwilson111
    Wow that is scary about the Hiby daps. I would be worried about your ears too.

The Zishan DSD is an amazing little thing isn't it. Mine arrived on my birthday last week which was perfect because I used the money that my daughter gave me for my birthday.

Last night I was using it with the Zenith (balanced output) and I accidentally listened until after 4am...it just kept going to the next folder:) I have no sense to stop and go to bed at a reasonable hour when my husband is away... reasonable for us being around 1 or 2.

I am not sure what it is about the Zenith that makes it so good. I do love the simplicity. It works. However, because it does not support gapless play, it could never be my only DAP. I wonder if they plan to implement that.

I have a 400 GB card in it but have not finished filling it. I will take my time. I want plenty of room to keep adding new music as I discover it.

@OldDude04 It should be obvious from the above statements that everything was sounding good with the purple filter that you suggested.... although I used the damped one. I would never have thought to try it because it said reduced base. There was plenty of bass!

4. majo123
    it's a brilliant sounding player, it can sound a little harsh now and again with poor recordings and brighter iems but this is very very rare but that same rawness is what I love about it, it rivals players 3 or 4 times as much for audio in my opinion.. Far better audio 5hdn than the Hiby R3 and I can't choose between the R6pro or the zishan as they both do it well although with both they have some bits that I don't like as much as the other... Anyway £80 what a bargain.

5. majo123
    I did actually post why I like the zishan on another thread so i will repeat it here.. The Zishans audio for the money is insane! As stated it can very rarely sound a little harsh on poor recordings with brighter iems, not an issue with er4xr.... Comparing R6pro to zishan dsd, well they are both pretty good and resolve about the same, I think stage and layering possibly leans to zishan but the R6pro is more fuller sounding, more meat on the bones and a more smoother sound but the rawness of the zishan is very appealing and makes it at times seem more realistic... I described it to someone like this, the likes of Dx200, R6pro, fiio x7ii are more refined and smoother but it's like the zishan has retained all elements, no wrinkles smoothed out which at times makes it sound a little better but it is equally a double edged sword as bad recordings can sound bad.
    Anyway I love it, bargain of the last few years for me, I nearly sent the Hiby R3 back because its so cheap and sounds so good, ideal for work as low cost basically means its a little more expendable although I wouldn't want to lose it.
    Buy one if you don't care about looks or frills.

6. KEV G
    Very nice indeed. Bikes, once you have the bug there’s no going back. I’m gonna be rebuilding my old Blade, think we’re gonna turn it into a Bladefigter lol

waveSounds and rr12267 like this.
  7. SteveOliver
    I see it has an audio motherboard type construction too, DAC and headphone stage are on a separate board just like the N6ii. :) It will be on my Christmas list I think.

audio motherboard.jpg

8. mbwilson111
    Christmas is too far away...

9. Jackpot77
    Thought the N6ii has the DAC and the amp sections on the same module, or have I misunderstood? You can't swap just the DAC or just the amp on the N6ii, it has to be both (whenever they release the new module).

10. SteveOliver
    Its a way away, I agree. Have you ever heard the expression "time flies when you are having fun". I am at the moment too, enjoying the gear I already have.

I do have a couple of items on my waiting list for immediate purchase when they are available:

1. The next audio motherboard for the N6ii
    2. A new cable from Dunu with the Hulk's plug system but made with lighter and thinner wire.

I can't wait. :)

HungryPanda and majo123 like this.
  11. SteveOliver
    Yes that's right, just like the Zishan DSD, although that audio motherboard isn't user replaceable.

12. Whazzzup
    I feel out of sorts. I’m done. Feel inadequate maybe I need something? Can’t think what tho

13. Jackpot77
    By the way, have spent more time with my Canjam purchases, and while the Acoustune is getting a lot of ear time in between other review commitments, I genuinely recommend trying the Cupid from oBravo to anyone who is looking for a new toy in the £250 or less bracket. With the right tips and seal, this little thing is giving a great mix of slam and depth down low and bags of clarity. I'd almost call it a mini-,Vega, just with less bass (not that much tho). Very impressed.

14. Light - Man
    Anyone got the Zishan Z3 Pro with the AK4493 DAC chip?

I noticed that someone got rid of their Zishan DSD Pro and has Zishan Z3 Pro instead....................

15. DBaldock9
    Another impressive song from Sara Niemietz (vocals) and Snuffy Walden (guitar) -
    橄榄树 (Olive Tree)