1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. Midgetguy
    I'd buy from his firm now in its current state. But I don't have much reason to because I haven't liked the build entirely (cables mostly) and now that I've had experience with his systems (and the concept of customizable sound in general), I've come to the conclusion that I likely won't bother with it any more. With the TAE that I've tried, I've come to the conclusion that I'd find the sound I liked in there, then I'd just stick with it so I there wasn't much point to it for me. I figured I'd just get something that sounds like I was want and was designed to sound as such. No knock on IMR's audio fidelity, but I likely wouldn't buy any more wares that are tunable sound, whether made by IMR or anyone else.

2. majo123
    I personally like the guy (hbb not Bob) and we can't always expect to agree with him or any reviewer, I didn't like dm6 but I like the p1, the rui were too big and yep a little fatiguing but this doesn't make him wrong, just different tastes and opinions and this goes for every hobbyist or reviewer.. As you said you have liked most of what he has recced that you have bought... I think sometimes reviewers opinions are taken like they are gospel, really they are just hobbyists like you or I and open to interpretation and also so many variables In the chain that it can't be taken as such.... My 2 cents.

3. mbwilson111
    If it were up to me, he would not get another penny of our money. He should have refunded the £300 that he already stole. I believe he used it to start the new company. Loved the video.

barondla, Rhino73, groucho69 and 7 others like this.
  4. Podster
    All I know for sure is I was never jilted by Bob once but I did lose my 10 pounds for the little Icarus thingy that never came about but I did purchase it after the :poop: hit the fan at Trinity so I'm not even sure Bob was aware of his or it's future:rolling_eyes: As far as the R2 I'm sure he will come through as I've not heard of anyone not getting their IMR stuff so far, maybe I have just been fortunate and as far as the profanity video everyone can just judge it for themselves:thinking:

I guess if I never got burned there was never anything for me to learn:smirk:

B’s Family Affair.JPG

Zenith R1’s!.JPG

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  5. OldDude04
    We are part of a very lucky few who got all their IEMs, I only lost the same $12 USD on the little Trinity player. But I was totally screwed over multiple times on repairs and replacements for faulty products. Only 1 of the products I received was without issues, an Icarus III. Regardless if you were personally burned, you had to at least see everyone who was and the atrocious way Trinity handled it. They basically stole their money. Whether Trinity was a sh*# show or not is a forgone conclusion. People can decide if Bob was at fault or not and move forward from there.

6. KEV G
    One thing nobody has mentioned about this thief is the implications that could arise from this video from HBB. He points out over £100k worth of fraudulent activity on Kickstarter !!!!
    Add that amount to the rest and it comes to a seriously substantial amount of ill gotten gains that the police may well want to look into now. If he gets investigated, he’s going down, no two ways about it. If there’s one thing the authorities hate here in the UK is fraud especially for this amount of money as there will be taxes in question here also and that’s where it gets serious for this arse hole bob.
    If Inland Revenue get involved they will freeze all his assets until they have this worked out and got their money. I’ve dealt with the Inland Revenue myself and they are a law unto themselves!!!
    This video has had 600 views in just over an hour and comments are stacking up, mine included. Personally I applaud HBB for this video and in my comment mentioned the orders that went out with missing drivers. I think @Karendar is the one we have to thank for making that alarming discovery and announcing it here on the Lounge.
    These fake iems were shipped out to retailers as well as regular buyers like us !!!!
    If you are waiting on an order from imr I’d be thinking of getting onto PayPal !!!!!!

HungryPanda and majo123 like this.
  7. Karendar
    We're talking about what here? The Trinity PM2(6)'s? Yeah... That was a terribly desparate move, which I'm glad I got out there so everyone saw. However, most of the PM6 were sold off crowdfunding, which totally removes responsibility from the campaigner, as the "perk" is not buying an "item", so if he delivers half-assed, you don't have any right to complain...

However, there is still something totally unclear about all of this: Is Bob really the centerpiece of this whole thing? As in, was it his call in every decision or was he just a face? I'm still unclear about this. I know some people did have info they weren't at liberty to disclose back then that pretty much spoke the truth about all of this, but I'm unsure what that info was...

jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  8. Light - Man
    On a lighter note, has anyone tried the TFZ No.3?

I just ordered one with the new carbon fiber faceplate (from Amazon UK and delivered by Amazon)

I can easily be convinced to cancel my order! :smile_phones:

groucho69 likes this.
  9. groucho69
    I see what you did there

Light - Man likes this.
  10. KEV G
    So did Advancedmp3players buy theirs on the crowdfunding deal also ?

majo123 likes this.
  11. Podster
    Not tried the 3's but my original 1's were the carbons and I still love those as well as my Queens and Secret Gardens:beerchug:

TFZ 1 Packaging.JPG
    TFZ Queen.JPG
    Secret Setup.JPG

12. Karendar
    Nicehck NX7 landed in Kanada. ETA: Soon'Ish

HungryPanda, OldDude04 and jerick70 like this.
  13. jerick70
    My NX7s landed a few days ago. Still waiting for them.

OldDude04 and Karendar like this.
  14. Karendar
    The R2 is shipping... I wouldn't worry about that.

OldDude04 and jerick70 like this.