The Audio Lounge
Jul 28, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #19,336 of 35,690
5372E0DF-1FE5-4F78-A4B0-725AE1739028.png
Well since everyone had to go there!

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #19,337 of 35,690
Back to Canjam today for a little mooch about and another serious listen to Empire Ears gears. All great but two that really stood out for my personal taste was the flagship Wraith and probably my personal favourite of all their line up, the Vantage. The Vantage has been tuned to sound like a 60s guitar tube amp and that’s probably why I like it way more than the rest of the line up.
Horses for courses eh and I reckon there’s a future purchase there for me in the not too distant future.
Big shout to @Oscar-HiFi and his team at the Campfire tables for letting me listen to everything for hours and hours. Also @KB and his team for all the wonderful toys for us to listen to, the new Polaris is certainly worth a look as well as the obvious lol
I did manage to pick a little something up today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I'm guessing it's your shopping??? Fishfingers and 2 pints of milk??? Enjoy em dude.

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #19,338 of 35,690
Meant to say thanks for introducing me (through here) to Matt Andersen - was using some of his tracks when I was writing up my IEM impressions on the various stalls.

I'm going to guess by the size of the bag it may be a Cascade you have sitting in there...
If you think Matt Andersen is good, wait until you see him live !! He has the most incredible presence on stage with a voice so full of emotion and love for performing live.
It’s obvious when you see him live just how much he loves playing to an audience as he thrives on it. There’s only one or two others that put everything and more into their performances and for me they are Beth Hart and Paulo Nutini. Going to see Beth Hart in February whoop whoop.......
Na, not Cascade :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
And happy you like him dude, he’s a super nice guy as well as a fantastic singer, songwriter and a freakin killer guitarist

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #19,339 of 35,690

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #19,340 of 35,690

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #19,341 of 35,690

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #19,342 of 35,690

Jul 28, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #19,343 of 35,690
If you think Matt Andersen is good, wait until you see him live !! He has the most incredible presence on stage with a voice so full of emotion and love for performing live.
It’s obvious when you see him live just how much he loves playing to an audience as he thrives on it. There’s only one or two others that put everything and more into their performances and for me they are Beth Hart and Paulo Nutini. Going to see Beth Hart in February whoop whoop.......
Na, not Cascade :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
And happy you like him dude, he’s a super nice guy as well as a fantastic singer, songwriter and a freakin killer guitarist

Do love a bit of Beth Hart as well - suspect we may have a fairly similar music library! Have you listened to any Amy Helm?

Will be intrigued to know what you got in the end - I've got the Polaris 2 and Io sitting here in my review queue, so if it's one of those I'll be interested to know what you think of ''em.

Jul 29, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #19,345 of 35,690
Bit of early morning cable / IEM p0rn to start the day - Acoustune HS1650cu with stock (!) 8 core SPC cable. These guys know how to package and accessories an IEM...

1564385583125..jpg

Jul 29, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #19,348 of 35,690
This HeadFi thing has been a bit of a journey for me and I'm sure its not over yet.

My preferred way of procuring items is to get an interest free on purchases credit card. I always make sure that I have enough savings to cover the full balance for most (well 90%) of the time.

A three year 0% card comes to an end next month so I've paid off all the gear I've purchased over the last three years, which kind of marks the end of an era (I've sold some of it along the way too)

The set-up I'm listening to today sounds better than it did yesterday, probably because I officially own it now, I do consider myself very lucky to be able to somehow afford this luxury stuff "hook or by crook".

Oh and lets not forget, I've met a great community of people hear on HeadFi too :)

20190729_090758.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back