1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. jerick70
    Pagani makes beautiful cars. They are fast as he@L too. The Zonda is my sons dream car. He'll probably get one too, he's a type A personality that is very determined....

OldDude04 likes this.
  2. DBaldock9
    Was following one of those here in Houston yesterday, and didn't know what it was, until I got close enough to see the Audi logo.

jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  3. Audio Aficionado
    There's someone near me that owns an R8, and it is very loud indeed. You can hear it from streets away. You need to have skills to be able to drive one of those, that's for sure. There is so much power going to the wheels that they are prone to over-steer. They are not for me! i'm happy with my standard 5 series BMW.

Light - Man, OldDude04 and jerick70 like this.
  4. jerick70
    I would only drive it on the weekends. Audi S4 as a daily driver.

OldDude04 and Audio Aficionado like this.
  5. OldDude04
    There is alot of German car ownership here, lol. I daily a 1995 VW Corrado VR6. They didn't sell the 1995 here in the states but they did sell the Eurospec version in Canada. Luckily, I'm 20 mins from Canada and imported it back in 2000. I even got my oldest into VW's, he's got a 1977 Bug that we've been working on. When my kids get out of college, I'm buying a 2000-2001 BMW E38 740iL as a project car and going to do some filthy filthy things to it, lol.

So sexy:
    9f1515505ae4373cbcf4b2fd5f1dd3a3.jpg
    v1TsKy.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  6. Audio Aficionado
    @OldDude04
    Haha. Volkswagen’s are great cars, the Corrado has a cult following, so iconic. My first car was a 2001 Volkswagen Lupo. Not nearly as powerful as a Corrado, but it was very light so it was quick off it’s mark. Also, here in the UK and mainland Europe VW’s have always had a reputation as being “the safest cars around”, in terms of build quality. The BMW I currently have is an older model from 1999, it’s 20 years old now. It’s a 2.0 litre 520SE with 160BHP. Looks just like the one in this picture..
    502A92EC-9D15-4D92-8F57-E24CBD5B3B63.jpeg

Light - Man, jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  7. Light - Man
    That was before this happened, when the panda got slightly over excited

[​IMG]

and the day ended like this, when the panda was told to leave at closing time and find a local tree hotel to stay for the night

[​IMG]

Rhino73, SteveOliver, KEV G and 3 others like this.
  8. groucho69
    So you are saying Panda is like a hurricane?

9. Light - Man
    I had several motorcycles before buying my first car which was a blue Ford Capri mark 1

The transition occurred after I nearly got killed several times. I had road bikes as well as off road bikes, where we used to drive over various mountains before doing so became outlawed as a public nuisance

[​IMG]

Rhino73, KEV G and HungryPanda like this.
  10. mbwilson111

No, the day ended with a train journey home, some dinner, a bit of tv, a bit of music and bed.

upload_2019-7-28_16-31-5.jpeg

[​IMG]

upload_2019-7-28_16-29-20.jpeg

groucho69, jerick70, KEV G and 4 others like this.
  11. Audio Aficionado
    Sounds like you where lucky. Still need to be careful when driving cars, I almost got killed one night driving home in my Volkswagen Lupo when a guy in a van pulled out in front of me at a junction and forced me to swerve to avoid him, I crashed in to a tall steel lamp post that I had not noticed because it was dark, at 35 MPH. I actually did pass out for around 20 seconds, it was like someone had pressed a switch and I was out in the blink of an eye. But somehow I woke back up and just walked away from the wreckage miraculously unscathed.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    SteveOliver, jerick70 and Light - Man like this.
  12. KEV G
    Back to Canjam today for a little mooch about and another serious listen to Empire Ears gears. All great but two that really stood out for my personal taste was the flagship Wraith and probably my personal favourite of all their line up, the Vantage. The Vantage has been tuned to sound like a 60s guitar tube amp and that’s probably why I like it way more than the rest of the line up.
    Horses for courses eh and I reckon there’s a future purchase there for me in the not too distant future.
    Big shout to @Oscar-HiFi and his team at the Campfire tables for letting me listen to everything for hours and hours. Also @KB and his team for all the wonderful toys for us to listen to, the new Polaris is certainly worth a look as well as the obvious lol
    I did manage to pick a little something up today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    21A4A2CD-4A3C-4C1D-AF68-8743CFE92D37.jpeg

Rhino73, Layman1, Light - Man and 5 others like this.
  13. Jackpot77
    What was the Campfire purchase? Also, were you at the EE table early on today with Marcus (@Layman1 ) when he bought the Nemesis? If so, apologies for not saying hello! :wink:

I grabbed a couple of things this weekend too...

1564345053410..jpg

14. KEV G
    Yep, that was me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    I’ll post some pics of what’s in the bag soon :stuck_out_tongue:

15. Jackpot77
    Meant to say thanks for introducing me (through here) to Matt Andersen - was using some of his tracks when I was writing up my IEM impressions on the various stalls.

I'm going to guess by the size of the bag it may be a Cascade you have sitting in there...

KEV G likes this.