1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. KEV G
  2. jerick70
    So I've had a Cayin HA-1A that I picked up from Drop that I have never listened to because it's 240 V. I decided to pickup a step up transformer and give it a go. It's a very good tube amp for what I paid for it. I'm rolling in some Tele, Mullard, and Shuguang 12AU7 tubes to see which ones are better. I'm going to get some NOS EL84s and 12AX7s to get the best sound I think.

IMG_20190725_162816.jpg IMG_20190725_162800.jpg

Rhino73, grs8, Light - Man and 6 others like this.
  3. jerick70
    I have to say burn in is huge on this amp. I've been listening for half the day and the amp is sounding awesome. Cayin really makes some awesome gear. If you can find one of these for a great price like I did, I highly recommend this amp.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. KEV G
    So, since I have the Z1 I’ve been listening to my original green Andro’s with it and not interested in anything else and even considered selling my Andro-SS but thought I’d better give em a try first........
    D391B026-25B5-42EB-84F5-D4B90353A5E6.jpeg Oh I’m so glad I did and starting to wonder why am I going to Canjam !!!
    Mmmmmm

I’ll still be going and nice to be going when there’s not really anything I want. Sitting here now listening to this set up is the complete package for me so unless something absolutely blows me away I’m thinking this weekend will be a cheap one.......not often you can say that in this hobby :smile_phones:

Rhino73, grs8, Light - Man and 4 others like this.
  5. Dobrescu George
    Time for one of my video reviews, one that I really put a lot of effort into. Check out the musical and playful Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 Headphones!

Rhino73, grs8, barondla and 4 others like this.
  6. OldDude04
    Any fellow loungers know where I can get a nice 3.5mm extension cable? One that is braided like IEM cables. There are a bazillion generic ones, but I'd like a nice looking well made one.

7. rr12267
    When it comes to extension cables, I can't find braided ones either. You might get in contact with some of the shop listed in https://www.head-fi.org/threads/low-end-cheap-generic-otherwise-bang-for-buck-cable-thread.891911/ thread and see if they could make one for you.

Otherwise, if you want braided, you might have to make one yourself. :triportsad:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    OldDude04 likes this.
  8. jerick70
    I have an awesome extension cable like you are talking about. It's from Impact Audio on Etsy. But unfortunately the cable builder is on hiatus for a while.

There are quite a few other sellers on Etsy like slicknick. You should check it out.

@OldDude04 I just thought of one other place that will do this, BTG Cable http://btg-audio.com/webstore.htm#ecwid:category=3351504&mode=product&product=14641214

IMG_20190726_174806.jpg IMG_20190726_174753.jpg IMG_20190726_174706.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Rhino73, groucho69 and HungryPanda like this.
  9. OldDude04
    jerick70 and rr12267 like this.
  10. DBaldock9
    Rhino73, rr12267, HungryPanda and 3 others like this.
  11. Wyville
    Depending on the budget, you can check with PlusSound (http://plussoundaudio.com) or Triton Audio Cables (http://tritonaudiocables.com). Both are always happy to make something to your specifications and use quality components. Both are also active here on Head-fi. I have not yet tried Triton cables myself, but David is a friend of a friend and has a lot of very positive feedback here on Head-fi with decent prices as well.

OldDude04 and jerick70 like this.
  12. boblauer
    One other option would be Ted Allen of Ted's headphone lounge. He is open to making what you want as well.

FYI I think Lindsey from Impact is done, he's had that same message for over a year on his Etsy shop.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  13. Richsvt
    Trevor at Norne Audio could make just about any cable. Prices are great for the quality he delivers ...

jerick70 and OldDude04 like this.
  14. OldDude04
    Thanks, I emailed him, I'll see what he says.

15. OldDude04
    I heard back, he quoted me a very fair price, so I agreed and he's making me one now. Thanks again Bob, I'll post up some pics once the cable arrives.