1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Audio Lounge

1. groucho69
    Well you just bought that Zishan so you have that to look forward to. Heal quickly.

barondla likes this.
  2. majo123
    Indeed will take a few weeks to come though but looking forward to it... And thanks.

barondla likes this.
  3. HungryPanda
    WOW:

rr12267, jerick70 and groucho69 like this.
  4. groucho69
    I really know what you are going through. Many years ago I had DVT after surgery on my toe. Not pleasant at all. A few years ago I was lame after getting off the plane from Jamaica to home. Somehow I did in the medial cartilage. Just when I was getting back to normal after that surgery I slipped on ice and broke my right patella and badly bruised the left. Took a year plus for the bruise to heal. The right knee still wasn't right (like gears grinding) and I finally convinced the doc to send me for an MRI and what do you know he see's a floating object. After the surgery for that he tells me that he couldn't find the floaty but that I needed more cartilage removed. Meanwhile after walking hobbled for abut 3 years it affected my left hip as well. There is more as well but who cares? But at least I'm ambulatory.

5. SpeakerBox
    Yup! Getting old can be tough. I am a runner and am having hip problems. I have had to cut back on running and walking my Yellow Lab. Sometimes it throbs in the middle of the night to the point where I have to get up and move around. But what do I expect at 63? Just do the best I can I guess.

6. majo123
    Mines the right too and excruciating climbing stairs etc, I have a fair threshold of pain, I'm the type of guy who gets on with it probably to the point that I should of gone a long time ago to get it looked at... But this knee cartilage thing is not good at all

7. jerick70
    Dude I hope you get better soon. Knee problems are no fun.

8. majo123
    thanks dude, my next scan isn't until November then I will know if operation or not... Got a bit of a wait... Hey ho though could be worse.

SteveOliver likes this.
  9. DBaldock9
    One of my Sources is a Google Nexus 7 (2013) Tablet - which, now that I've installed LineageOS 15.1 (Android Oreo 8.1), has the ability to transmit BT LDAC to my Radsone ES100 or Shanling M0.
    Is anyone else running LineageOS 15.1 on your Android device?
    Which Launcher are you using?
    Recently (within the last week), an update, or combination of updates, has broken Auto Screen Rotate.
    My configuration consists of -
    Google Nexus 7 (2013) Tablet, with unlocked Bootloader / TWRP Recovery
    LineageOS 15.1 (Android Oreo 8.1)
    Rooted with Magisk, and running Gravity Box in Xposed Framework (Systemless)
    Using Action Launcher 3
    So far, I've found 4 places where Auto Rotation is mentioned in settings:
    Android > Settings > Display > Advanced > Rotation settings > Auto-rotate screen = Enabled for 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees
    Android > Settings > Display > Advanced > Rotation settings > Rotate lock screen = Enabled
    Android > Settings > Accessibility > Auto-rotate screen = Enabled (This is the same as the Auto-rotate screen above.)
    Action Launcher > Settings > Appearance > Screen orientation = Auto-rotate
    Gravity Box > Display tweaks > Allow all rotations = Enabled
    I've also appended these two lines to the bottom of the /system/build.prop file -
    log.tag.launcher_force_rotate=VERBOSE
    lockscreen.rot_override=true
    I've tried various combinations of enabling / disabling the settings, and I've found that -
    If Screen Orientation = Auto-rotate in Action Launcher, the Home Screen and Apps are always in Portrait mode - no matter what the other settings are.
    If Screen Orientation = Landscape in Action Launcher, and Auto-rotate screen = Disabled, then the Home Screen is in Landscape mode, but the Apps are in Portrait mode.
    If Screen Orientation = Landscape in Action Launcher, and Auto-rotate screen = Enabled for 0, 90, 180, 270 degrees, then the Home Screen and Apps are in Landscape mode.
    I've booted into Recovery, and cleared the Dalvik Cache and App cache (several times), and even tried uninstalling / reinstalling Action Launcher.
    I'd certainly appreciate any suggestions for settings to try, and/or Apps to install / remove, to resume normal Screen Auto-rotation on my Nexus 7 Tablet. Thanks!

10. groucho69
    I always hold the hand rail on stairs. Never know when the knee might stall or lock and I've had to catch myself many times.

Midgetguy, barondla and SteveOliver like this.
  11. majo123
    I'm worried because im actually quite active, dog walking, kayaking, my job... Im only 50 don't want it to change my life style...but hey fingers crossed operation and a bit of weight loss will solve it

barondla, SteveOliver and groucho69 like this.
  12. groucho69
    Ah you'll get through it. Be back to chasing dogs and women in no time.

barondla and SteveOliver like this.
  13. DBaldock9
    groucho69 and SteveOliver like this.
  14. jerick70
    That's a long wait. Hopefully your issue resolves itself.

I've had various knee problems. I had my ACL replaced a few years ago from a skiing accident. My other knee is starting to buckle when I walk lately. I may have done something to it in Skiing too. The doc didn't look at the other knee. I don't want to be down again with surgery. I'll just deal with it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    barondla, SteveOliver and majo123 like this.
  15. mbwilson111
    Everyone should use the handrail. Be safe.