The Audio Lounge
Jul 5, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #18,677 of 35,962
Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #18,678 of 35,962
I have been really enamored with the Shanling M5S and been listening to it a lot lately. I would love to take it with me while out and about but it is a little larger than I like to carry. Since I got to return the X3ii, I was in search of something else to complement the R3 I usually carry. Would've love to get the sound I get from the M5S but more portable. I think I found it. The Shanling M2X is supposed to be the sound of the M5S but smaller. Obviously output power and lack of dual dac will show some limitations, but if the signature is there, I'll be happy. Got a great deal on one so waiting for it to arrive and put it through its paces. I'll post some impressions once I get some head-time. Next week I'm off to Long Island, NY for some wine tasting so will be an excellent time to test it out...

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #18,679 of 35,962
My TinHiFi P1 came in yesterday. My TinHiFi was listed here on site and Reddit yesterday evening, lol. It's just really not for me. It's got plenty of detail and the speed of a planar, but the low end was very light. I tried all kinds of tips and a couple of cables to no avail. I tried EQ'ing the lower region in and it got ever so slightly fuller, but I could never see myself grabbing the P1 over my other IEMs at any point. So I listed them and maybe someone can get a good deal and not have to wait a while for them. If they don't sell after a week or so, I'll just return them for a refund. Made me sad though because they look phenomenal and are made like tiny little tanks, lol. The case is great looking as well. Oh well, wasn't meant to be I guess.

20190705_195654.jpg
20190705_195732.jpg
20190705_195702.jpg

Jul 6, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #18,680 of 35,962
My TinHiFi P1 came in yesterday. My TinHiFi was listed here on site and Reddit yesterday evening, lol. It's just really not for me. It's got plenty of detail and the speed of a planar, but the low end was very light. I tried all kinds of tips and a couple of cables to no avail. I tried EQ'ing the lower region in and it got ever so slightly fuller, but I could never see myself grabbing the P1 over my other IEMs at any point. So I listed them and maybe someone can get a good deal and not have to wait a while for them. If they don't sell after a week or so, I'll just return them for a refund. Made me sad though because they look phenomenal and are made like tiny little tanks, lol. The case is great looking as well. Oh well, wasn't meant to be I guess.

Yes, very nice eye candy!

Jul 6, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #18,681 of 35,962

That's the same way I felt about the Kanas Pro. Great details but a little bass light. I missed the window to return as I was trying to give them a fair shake. Just can't make out with every purchase. Some hit that sweet spot and other just don't. Good that you saw that right away and won't lose anything. Nice looking piece though. That cable reminds me of the one that came with the IT01.

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #18,682 of 35,962

Mine will hopefully be here very soon and maybe they will be for me as I'm no bass head... Can't wait to try em.

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #18,683 of 35,962
I don't consider myself a bass-head. I mean, I do like some decent slam there but not the exclusion of details and such. Maybe because I tend to a warmer signature, I gravitate to want a great bass presence? I can't to the treble stuff.

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #18,684 of 35,962

That's the same way I felt about the Kanas Pro. Great details but a little bass light. I missed the window to return as I was trying to give them a fair shake. Just can't make out with every purchase. Some hit that sweet spot and other just don't. Good that you saw that right away and won't lose anything. Nice looking piece though. That cable reminds me of the one that came with the IT01.
I have had the same ride lately, every single iem I have bought apart from the T3 I have has something I don't like about them... Dm6 didn't like the treble or mids , kanas pro for me were actually pretty good but felt vocals could be grainy and upper mids a bit recessed , rui were good but didn't fit and the sound could be fatiguing, simgot were good but no standout point... Hopefully I like the p1.

T3 suiit me

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #18,685 of 35,962

That is spot on, you just can't get along with every item. They aren't bad, just not for me. As for looks though, gorgeous. The cable is nice but the loose style of braid made me think I'd snag it on something.

Mine will hopefully be here very soon and maybe they will be for me as I'm no bass head... Can't wait to try em.

Hopefully they are right for you. They are really small, you should have zero issue with fit.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #18,686 of 35,962
Beautiful

2316511-marantz-2130-tuner.jpg

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #18,687 of 35,962
Keep cool

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #18,688 of 35,962

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #18,689 of 35,962
I have had the same ride lately, every single iem I have bought apart from the T3 I have has something I don't like about them... Dm6 didn't like the treble or mids , kanas pro for me were actually pretty good but felt vocals could be grainy and upper mids a bit recessed , rui were good but didn't fit and the sound could be fatiguing, simgot were good but no standout point... Hopefully I like the p1.

T3 suiit me
Just don't ever use the T3 with Spinfits. I absolutely love them in that setup, but I don't think you'll like the bass when you do that, there'd be too much bass for your listening preference.

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #18,690 of 35,962
Just don't ever use the T3 with Spinfits. I absolutely love them in that setup, but I don't think you'll like the bass when you do that, there'd be too much bass for your listening preference.
I think I could go a little more on the bass but they are fine as they are... In fact I'm thinking of buying another pair, put a 4.4 connector on the cable then I have both 3.5mm and 4.4 and a spare pair as backup if I wash and dry them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back