The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Apr 15, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #4,757 of 7,138
New New News beats New News.

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #4,759 of 7,138
DefQon, may i ask, what is your audio nirvana set-up?

iPod + iPod Earphones? (Joking)

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #4,760 of 7,138
Quote:
DefQon, may i ask, what is your audio nirvana set-up?

iPod + iPod Earphones? (Joking)

Initially it was the Omegas I acquired not too long ago but they need an amp such as the BHSE capable of pushing lots of power to have the Omega's shine. Since I don't have that kind of money yet for a BHSE I may consider parting from my Omega's and buying a Lampizator dac.

My audio nirvana is not a single setup and is not expensive as it's quite low-end stuff. All the stuff you see in my profile are part of my audio nirvana. I can't say I will ever be happy with 1 single setup only (even if I owned a HE90 or 009) no headphone can do every genre well such a thing does not exist. So I have multiple individual setups connected to various sources for me to enjoy the most of every type of music/genre I listen to and depending on the mood I am in as well. What you see in my profile is 1/3 of what I actually own now which I just could nay be f'd updating. But right now I'm in the midst of collecting Stax and Sony gear. Rare unobtaniums.

When I do have enough money a proper place of my own, I will part with everything I have and move onto a speaker setup. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #4,761 of 7,138
Ohh...2732 posts now, promised myself that once I get up to 2800 I'll be gone from these sub-forums and only restrict myself to the F/S sections and once I have the want's on my to buy list I'll be gone.

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:13 AM Post #4,762 of 7,138
Quote:
Ohh...2732 posts now, promised myself that once I get up to 2800 I'll be gone from these sub-forums and only restrict myself to the F/S sections and once I have the want's on my to buy list I'll be gone.

My guess is you will end up frequenting these sub-forums just as frequently, all that might change is you might opt to post less.

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #4,765 of 7,138
Quote:
DefQon, what's with the numerical target for posts ? Come on dude chill out, we like you around here.

+1 

we like peeps who speak their mind round here 

Apr 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #4,766 of 7,138
Quote:
 Aside from how well you might like the rendering of instruments on the LCD2's, it still has it's flaws and restrictions. But trust me if you ever have the chance and I hate to sound like an HD800 fanboi (which I'm not), run them puppies on a very good DAC linked to a good amp (I prefer tubes) and listen to some 24bit piano sonata or so and you will fall in love with the sound as piano sound reproduction is probably one of the hardest to get right for external transducers to reproduce be it speakers or headphones other than hearing the thing live in front of you.

Owning both the LCD2.2 and HD800 - I fully attest to that. I am listening to Dire Straits right now and my god those guitars ...
I do love the bass texture of the LCD2.2s though - that's still the best in my book.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #4,767 of 7,138
Quote:
Wasn't that supposedly start of this year? I thought they scraped the idea altogether due to it sounding to remarkably close to the current line.

Listening to them at RMAF you could definitely tell they needed a lot of work, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to scrap it and move on.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #4,768 of 7,138
Quote:
Listening to them at RMAF you could definitely tell they needed a lot of work, so it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to scrap it and move on.

Wow... that sucks.
frown.gif
 I was really looking forward to it.

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #4,769 of 7,138
Quote:
I doubt the an LCD-4 would blow the 3 out of the water, unless it has some kind of new technology.

To me, the 3 barely beats the 2.2, and i'm listening on a LYR right now.
Has substantial gains in some categories, while others is just subtle.

IMO, i could only see it at a $1500-$1600 price range.

Tim

There's your problem right there. Sorry, but while the LCD-2s sounded quite good with the Lyr, it failed to really bring out the LCD-3s. Trust me, the LCD-3s can do so much more! FWIW, I owned the LCD-2/LCD-3 and the Lyr (with several top notch tubes) at the same time. However I quickly sold off the  LCD-2/Lyr after the LCD-3s arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back