The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jan 24, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #3,948 of 7,138

bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3,954 of 7,138
I was gonna polish mines and post an awesome picture of it too but I just realized I left the wood care kit back at home and forgot to take it to my college apartment. Sad sad day...

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #3,955 of 7,138
was thinking of embarking on a project.

replace rosewood with unstained maple.

ebay a cheap diesel miniskirt to make distressed denim earpads and headband, replacing the leather.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #3,956 of 7,138
Have you worn a Hifiman can before? Thinly padded or not they're much more comfortable (at least to me) than the LCD series due to weight distribution and no 'point' pressure.

While I did find the original foam LCD 2 headband more comfortable as far as I know it's no longer available. The Leather band has the same issues that the K702 does. 

Yes, I've tried the HE-400, HE-500, and the HE-6. I prefer the LCD-2/3 for comfort due to the much nicer headband and ear pads. I've heard some people gripe about the clamping pressure on the LCD's, but I wouldn't want mine any looser. The HiFiMANs put more pressure on the crown of the head--I may be more sensitive to that. I'm looking forward to the build updates see what they change.

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #3,957 of 7,138
Quote:

I do recall remembering you selling it off and yes it is fairly limited with the crowd of headphones that it can drive (say big no to sensitive and low impedence can's), now that you've mentioned it did you enjoy your VI+ back when you had it in your possession?

+1 on the WA22 bit, I honestly don't find the WA22 even attractive sound and price wise compared to the VI+, the looks maybe but I could not tell a single time where the WA22 I listened to sounded better than my VI+.

Quote:
MVKI is a great amp for it's intended headphone group (K1000 + 300ohm headphones). The price just makes it silly to choose the WA22 over it. Wish I still had mine now that I'm back into full size headphones. Only sold it because I thought I would stay in IEM land for longer.

So how does the VI+ do with the HD800s and with what tubes?

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #3,958 of 7,138
Rosewood is WOOD guys.  Unless Audeze starts only buying grade A stuff there will be some variance.  My new pair... butt tons of 'character', no even grain or colour anywhere on it.  Ranges from white to black, wide soft grain to hard narrow grain.  But then I bought mine for ... sound :O

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #3,959 of 7,138
Quote:

Blessing in disguise. That Rosewood housing looks shoddy. It should look like this (mine) -

<snip>

Yeah, the right cup (the one that cracked) was always a bit roughly finished. But it actually didn't bother me, just gave it a bit of character.

Oh well, they're heading out today. Now it's a race to see if I my LCD-2s or customs get here first.

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #3,960 of 7,138
So how does the VI+ do with the HD800s and with what tubes?

I've only heard that combination once at a meet right after HD800s came out. At the time I didn't think much of the HD800 on any rig. The MKVI was great with my HD600, though. Would be interesting to hear the MKVI again now that I enjoy the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back