The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #3,196 of 7,138
^ What Aidee said, that's what I thought as well. As the LCD2 is less than three years old, none are out of warranty at this point.

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #3,197 of 7,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had a recent problem where I lose sound out of the left ear depending on where I tilt my head.  Is this a problem with the headphones or the cable?

My cable did the same recently. Audeze's customer service was quick, was sorted in under a week (UK).

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #3,198 of 7,138
Hey guys. I wanted to start a new thread but didn't know where to do so.
May I ask what's the most comfortable position you guys find yourselves in while listening to the LCDs?

For me, the rear part of the headphones stick out while I'm wearing them so if I were to rest my head on the headrest of a comfy chair or a pillow, the headphones get pushed forward. Right now, the best position I find myself in, is to lie down forwards and to have my head propped up on a small pillow, below my chin. And that doesn't work for long listening sessions.

May i know what works for you guys? Perhaps you have a special chair to recommend? I've setup a cosy spot for my music listening sessions and it has the space for a new chair :) Would really appreciate some ideas. Thanks!!

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #3,199 of 7,138
My best position that I'd found was with a fairly fluffy chair that will support the weight well enough to keep the cups in position on your head but reduce the weight you feel on the sides of your face.

My listening chair right now is a big recliner.

Quote:
Hey guys. I wanted to start a new thread but didn't know where to do so.
May I ask what's the most comfortable position you guys find yourselves in while listening to the LCDs?
For me, the rear part of the headphones stick out while I'm wearing them so if I were to rest my head on the headrest of a comfy chair or a pillow, the headphones get pushed forward. Right now, the best position I find myself in, is to lie down forwards and to have my head propped up on a small pillow, below my chin. And that doesn't work for long listening sessions.
May i know what works for you guys? Perhaps you have a special chair to recommend? I've setup a cosy spot for my music listening sessions and it has the space for a new chair
smily_headphones1.gif
Would really appreciate some ideas. Thanks!!

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #3,200 of 7,138
Does the headphone over stack of books stretching worked for anyone else using the metal foam headband? Ive tried it numerous times but the clamping force just doesnt give. It still clamps down hard on the sides (particularly the area infront of my ears around my sideburns)

THese cans are so good and the only thing stopping me from wearing them continuously is the side clamp force :/ i can still wear them the whole day but i still need to take em off every two or three hours

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #3,201 of 7,138
Quote:
Does the headphone over stack of books stretching worked for anyone else using the metal foam headband? Ive tried it numerous times but the clamping force just doesnt give. It still clamps down hard on the sides (particularly the area infront of my ears around my sideburns)

THese cans are so good and the only thing stopping me from wearing them continuously is the side clamp force :/ i can still wear them the whole day but i still need to take em off every two or three hours

Maybe you need a head slimming diet. Or...shorter sideburns.
biggrin.gif

Don't know about this one. I'm a fathead and I wear the metal foam headband without any particular discomfort. The weight gets to me sometimes, but I find the headphone well balanced and the earpads well contoured. As for taking them off every two or three hours, that's advisable anyway, for other reasons. Listening to music for long periods without a break will inevitably lead to tinnitus, and then you'll be sorry.

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #3,202 of 7,138
Quote:

Maybe you need a head slimming diet. Or...shorter sideburns.
biggrin.gif

Don't know about this one. I'm a fathead and I wear the metal foam headband without any particular discomfort. The weight gets to me sometimes, but I find the headphone well balanced and the earpads well contoured. As for taking them off every two or three hours, that's advisable anyway, for other reasons. Listening to music for long periods without a break will inevitably lead to tinnitus, and then you'll be sorry.

tinnitus even from low listnening volumes? :O
im the opposite on comfort and weight. no problem with weight but side clamp bugs me :/

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #3,203 of 7,138
Quote:
tinnitus even from low listnening volumes? :O
im the opposite on comfort and weight. no problem with weight but side clamp bugs me :/

LCD-3 pads. Such a great fix for discomfort :)

Kojaku

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #3,206 of 7,138
Quote:
Im beginning to feel that the LCD2 has an extremely narrow and quite forward soundstage. Was wondering if there are any dacs/amps which can help widen the soundstage?

I happen to find the soundstage appropriately wide. But then again, I don't know what your DAC setup is. If you want an out of head, unnatural soundstage, there are a couple of exaggerated  cans out there (HD800, K701)...

Kojaku

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #3,207 of 7,138
Quote:
I happen to find the soundstage appropriately wide. But then again, I don't know what your DAC setup is. If you want an out of head, unnatural soundstage, there are a couple of exaggerated  cans out there (HD800, K701)...

Kojaku

Sadly im still using a E7 which is obviously bottlenecking my setup but im looking for a new dac which can help with soundstaging. Right now its like there is right left and middle without alot of in betweens. Like a wall of sound...?

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #3,209 of 7,138
Quote:

Sadly im still using a E7 which is obviously bottlenecking my setup but im looking for a new dac which can help with soundstaging. Right now its like there is right left and middle without alot of in betweens. Like a wall of sound...?

The E7's lack of resolution and relatively poor analog section (compared to more expensive DACs I mean) is probably letting you down with its ample warmth, but lackluster staging. Take a step up in budget for the E17 if you'd like a bit more space. If you've got more money to throw, let us know so we can make more proper recommendations :)

Kojaku

edit: Oh wait...you have a Rev.1. I've found the Rev. 1 comparatively more congested sounding than rev.2s.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #3,210 of 7,138
Quote:
The E7's lack of resolution and relatively poor analog section (compared to more expensive DACs I mean) is probably letting you down with its ample warmth, but lackluster staging. Take a step up in budget for the E17 if you'd like a bit more space. If you've got more money to throw, let us know so we can make more proper recommendations :)

Kojaku

edit: Oh wait...you have a Rev.1. I've found the Rev. 1 comparatively more congested sounding than rev.2s.

My budget is actually anything below $1k. I was considering the gungnir but im not sure if I should get it or save up even more money so I can get the schiit flagship. Main reason i skipped the bifrost was because from initial impressions, gungnir trumps bifrost significantly. Im currently using a Lyr so im also not sure how well the gungnir will pair with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back