The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New)
Jun 30, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #6,991 of 7,138
They got back to me after they received my headphones on Wednesday and I had to prod them yesterday for an answer. Apparently my headphones were left in the shipping area and were not sent to the repair department, so they finally did that and now I'm 2-3 weeks out for a repair. Really frustrating that they keep forgetting about me. 2-3 days for an answer and no communication after they received my broken headphones is really disappointing to me.

Jul 19, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #6,993 of 7,138
Ugh, I just feel like whining about this to people who will understand my plight. I moved to a new place and after unboxing our stuff days after we moved, I realized my headphone box is missing. Don't know what happened but I suspect the movers stole them. I'm really sad. :frowning2: I don't want other headphones!

I certainly grew attached to them more than anything else I own. I feel like I just broke up with someone. I'm sad. 

Jul 19, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #6,994 of 7,138
That blows. Hopefully it turns up and it wasn't actually stolen.

I would have to think long and hard about this if you're actually interested, but I haven't used mine in a few months and I have 30 hours on em tops. I might (emphasis on "might") be willing to sell them in the event that you're interested in buying them. An AK Jr. would be more useful to me these days I think

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #6,995 of 7,138
So, anyone have any recommendations for alternatives to the LCD series?  I love the sound, but the discomfort has reached critical status.  I tried out the Hifiman HE-560s.  I really liked them, other than the static popping/crackling noise that I just could not get rid of.  I ended up returning them.  I'd like to keep my budget at or under $1k.

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #6,996 of 7,138
HD 800 :wink:

Aug 12, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #6,997 of 7,138
  So, anyone have any recommendations for alternatives to the LCD series?  I love the sound, but the discomfort has reached critical status.  I tried out the Hifiman HE-560s.  I really liked them, other than the static popping/crackling noise that I just could not get rid of.  I ended up returning them.  I'd like to keep my budget at or under $1k.

HD 800
wink.gif

HD800 is not even close in sound signature, although very comfy. It will sound quite thin compared to the LCD2's.  

I'd recommend you consider Oppo PM-1 or PM-2 or Audioquest Nighthawk's.

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #6,999 of 7,138

PS, I recently received one of these from a fellow member, and it has definitely improved upon the comfort of my LCD-3's: http://www.head-fi.org/t/766559/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-grado-ps1000

They're still heavy and not as comfortable as I'd like ideally, but at least now the weight is more evenly distributed, which makes them a lot more comfy.

That said, all the headphones I mentioned above will be more comfortable overall. 

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #7,000 of 7,138

PS, I recently received one of these from a fellow member, and it has definitely improved upon the comfort of my LCD-3's: http://www.head-fi.org/t/766559/planar-pad-for-audeze-hifiman-fostex-t50-rp-grado-ps1000

They're still heavy and not as comfortable as I'd like ideally, but at least now the weight is more evenly distributed, which makes them a lot more comfy.

That said, all the headphones I mentioned above will be more comfortable overall. 

Hmm.  I'll look into this.  Would be best to spend around $50 vs $1k since I already have the LCD-2s.

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #7,001 of 7,138

Hmm.  I'll look into this.  Would be best to spend around $50 vs $1k since I already have the LCD-2s.

Agreed. Especially if you like how your LCD-2's sound. The others will have different sound signatures which you may not like as much. 

Aug 14, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #7,002 of 7,138
Can anyone tell me if you can have your LCD 2.2's fazorized by Audeze and what it would cost? I have read conflicting information about this within the thread and Audeze isn't responding to my information requests...which I suppose is a bad sign. 

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #7,004 of 7,138
They stopped doing the upgrade service from what I've been told, unless you get your drivers replaced via warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back